+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: all gone quiet at palmy

all gone quiet at palmy

same as last season the season before and as many a season as i can remember ,lots of decent players released from clubs ,most of the ones anyone would want are getting snapped up by other clubs ,until we are left with the ones no one wants ,then we take our pick from those ,this seams the way it has gone over the past seasons ,we currently have a thread bare squad ,with lots of work needing done to get decent players in for certain positions ,once again it looks like we shall be picking from the dregs ,if we want to mount any serious challenge for promotion we need to be moving fast when these windows open ,our only hope of decent players now lie with the players the manager says he has put offers infront of ,if those fail ,i just hope our manager can get decent loans and at least a couple more decent ones from the dregs or it could be a mediocre season for our big centenary season .the defence has to be strict priority .

Francis, I understand your concerns, but the problem is that most of the players are on holiday at the moment and probably considering their futures, - while naturally holding out for the best offer they can get.

Its very much a two way street out there and we will have to bide our time until such times as the doors close elsewhere for some of the available players.

Obviously quality players such as Dobbie and Harkins will make a huge difference to any squad, - but I'm not convinced that too many big fish will raise the quality any further. Having those players in our team should inspire the youngsters on to greater things, - and we must remember that Livingston did not have a Dobbie or a Harkins!

A winning mind-set and a 100% commitment to the full 90 minutes for every match from every player will make all the difference, and that coupled with the genius of Dobbie and Harkins should see a top four finish in my opinion, - even with the calibre of teams that are in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Francis, I understand your concerns, but the problem is that most of the players are on holiday at the moment and probably considering their futures, - while naturally holding out for the best offer they can get.

Its very much a two way street out there and we will have to bide our time until such times as the doors close elsewhere for some of the available players.

Obviously quality players such as Dobbie and Harkins will make a huge difference to any squad, - but I'm not convinced that too many big fish will raise the quality any further. Having those players in our team should inspire the youngsters on to greater things, - and we must remember that Livingston did not have a Dobbie or a Harkins!

A winning mind-set and a 100% commitment to the full 90 minutes for every match from every player will make all the difference, and that coupled with the genius of Dobbie and Harkins should see a top four finish in my opinion, - even with the calibre of teams that are in the Championship.

yes jardi i agree but the whole point is the defensive situation needs sorted ,we have about the worst defence in the league ,we conceded far too many last season and this season we have got even weeker with marshall leaving ,queens canot afford to have another mediocre season ,scoring loads of goals but conceding just as many just wont do ,crowd numbers are at a stage where queens have to show improvement or thay will fall further .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yes jardi i agree but the whole point is the defensive situation needs sorted ,we have about the worst defence in the league ,we conceded far too many last season and this season we have got even weeker with marshall leaving ,queens canot afford to have another mediocre season ,scoring loads of goals but conceding just as many just wont do ,crowd numbers are at a stage where queens have to show improvement or thay will fall further .
    Dougal remember the loan system has changed for next season - check it out mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Dougal remember the loan system has changed for next season - check it out mate.

yea ftivano then its even a bigger priority we get decent players in especially if we cant rely on loans ,that makes matters 10 times worse for queens if we end up having to choose the dregs ,without getting quality loans we are up st.i.t creek without a paddle lol ,i just hope we can get a decent defence inplace this season .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    yea ftivano then its even a bigger priority we get decent players in especially if we cant rely on loans ,that makes matters 10 times worse for queens if we end up having to choose the dregs ,without getting quality loans we are up st.i.t creek without a paddle lol ,i just hope we can get a decent defence inplace this season .

The manager was on holiday last week and is already quoted as saying offers have been made to several players and we’re now waiting for their decisions

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

Very much a waiting game at the moment as Jardi has pointed out with players, encouraged no doubt by their agents, waiting to see where the best offers will come from before committing to any offers they may have on the table. A frustrating period in the close season but hopefully the manager can pull a few from the hat particularly in defence as Francis has stated which is an area in need of strengthening!!!

i cant find anything about this new loan thing on the internet ftivano .

Skyline Drifter how doubles up as football administration officer at Palmerston explained it all on his domain - the Pie and Bovril site - a couple of weeks ago.

Heard last night Gary Naysmith getting linked with Carlisle United job.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)