+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: all gone quiet at palmy

Yes good to see Jordan back with us which must have ultimately have been a humbling experience after refusing to sign the initial contract placed in front of him. Just need the levels of consistency which he has always shown for us for the season ahead. Now for a central defender to cover for the injured Brownlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Yes good to see Jordan back with us which must have ultimately have been a humbling experience after refusing to sign the initial contract placed in front of him. Just need the levels of consistency which he has always shown for us for the season ahead. Now for a central defender to cover for the injured Brownlie.

spike apart from marshall which is the only one i would have kept anyways out of our defence i think we need better defenders for the other positions as it will be the same defence as last season which was mistake city conceding far too many easy goals .

Strong of him to place that episode behind him to re-sign...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Strong of him to place that episode behind him to re-sign...
    According to Mr Naysmith in today's D and G Standard '' we carried out a fitness test of the players this week and Jordan won but as he has missed a week's training he may not be used against Annan '' who themselves are to have a look at a raft of trialists in the game at Galabank tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    According to Mr Naysmith in today's D and G Standard '' we carried out a fitness test of the players this week and Jordan won but as he has missed a week's training he may not be used against Annan '' who themselves are to have a look at a raft of trialists in the game at Galabank tomorrow.

Andy Stirling ( remember him ) was the best at the bleep test challenge before Marsh re-signed. Wonder if he’ll feature this season ?

Quote Originally Posted by palmylad View Post
    Andy Stirling ( remember him ) was the best at the bleep test challenge before Marsh re-signed. Wonder if he’ll feature this season ?
    I hope that Stirling is given the chance to prove just why we signed him in the first place. He certainly did not do himself justice on his few appearances but if he can now step up to the plate then there is a decent player in there and for me there is no better sight in football than a quick exciting winger who can take on the opposing full backs.

I hope that Stirling is given the chance to prove just why we signed him in the first place. He certainly did not do himself justice on his few appearances but if he can now step up to the plate then there is a decent player in there and for me there is no better sight in football than a quick exciting winger who can take on the opposing full backs.
    Hopefully you are correct Spike and he comes back from his loan spell at the Sons of the Rock a different player (when picked) than we saw last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    The Queens lineup for this game will be revealing for the season ahead. I would expect that there will be a number of trialists especially in the defence otherwise some of the youth players may be given an opportunity to show if they are ready for promotion to the full squad. Stay tuned as they say.

The Queens lineup for this game will be revealing for the season ahead. I would expect that there will be a number of trialists especially in the defence otherwise some of the youth players may be given an opportunity to show if they are ready for promotion to the full squad. Stay tuned as they say.
    Hopefully the trialists if there are any that is include a centre half as this is a MUST with Brownlie allegedly out until the end of the year. With Annan also using this friendly to look at a raft of trialists according to their manager it could be a ''spot the player / whae's that guy '' kind of game.

GN has already stated that the line-ups both today and at Methil will be a mixture of "first team" players and younger players. As you suggest I`d thing these games might well also be an opportunity to look at some trialists too.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)