+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Darren Ferguson Resigns At Doncaster Rovers

Darren Ferguson Resigns At Doncaster Rovers

I sincerely hope he isn't coming to my club !!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44364353

Meh

Won 4 promotions and a cup as manager of previous clubs over 11 year period and a win record of 41% so I guess you don't want him cos you don't like him? Or his dad? Media chatter? Or the English mentally "no one likes a winner"? Or sumat else?....

Just guessing, it looks like Ferguson and the Doncaster Rovers board don't / can't agree on a few things. He says " after meeting with the board he had no alternative but to resign ".

Nip in and make a cheeky bid for Marquis......If someone hasn't done so already.

Animallittle3.......Ferguson is nailed on for Barnsley, get ready.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Won 4 promotions and a cup as manager of previous clubs over 11 year period and a win record of 41% so I guess you don't want him cos you don't like him? Or his dad? Media chatter? Or the English mentally "no one likes a winner"? Or sumat else?....
    Or perhaps, just perhaps it was another way to keep this millers board talking about Barnsley? Posting that Ferguson has left Donny is ok, after all the pikeys hate us more than any other club so to see them in turmoil must bring a smile to most millers. But animallittle knows absolutely full well that ferguson isn't heading for "his club".

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Or perhaps, just perhaps it was another way to keep this millers board talking about Barnsley? Posting that Ferguson has left Donny is ok, after all the pikeys hate us more than any other club so to see them in turmoil must bring a smile to most millers. But animallittle knows absolutely full well that ferguson isn't heading for "his club".
    They're hardly in turmoil, in fact it's probably a blessing in disguise for them. Barnsley could do a lot worse than to stick him on the shortlist.
    And what's wrong with a bit of chit chat with the Barnsley lads on here? An outside view on the Millers is always welcome for me, with a bit of friendly banter along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    They're hardly in turmoil, in fact it's probably a blessing in disguise for them. Barnsley could do a lot worse than to stick him on the shortlist.
    And what's wrong with a bit of chit chat with the Barnsley lads on here? An outside view on the Millers is always welcome for me, with a bit of friendly banter along the way.
    If only it were a "bit"..... you wanna try working in barnsley hazza. Try to get a two way football discussion going, its like they have Barnsley tourettes.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    If only it were a "bit"..... you wanna try working in barnsley hazza. Try to get a two way football discussion going, its like they have Barnsley tourettes.
    Lol! I know mate, I used to work for a building firm and most of the lads on site were from Barnsley and this was when they'd just got promoted to the premier league!
    Good set of lads though, even though they talk weird. .

I'm guessing that Fergie Jnr resignation was to do with next season's squad budget for Donny, so I agree with C64F, if we really are interested in Marquis, now is the time to pounce. We might not be interested though...
    Last edited by mikemiller; 05-06-2018 at 08:20 AM.

I seem to recall the playing budget was an issue a few weeks ago and there was hints at Ferguson being unhappy

On the subject of Barnsley fans I went to Headingley on Friday and we were sat about 20 ft from about 12 Barnsley lads and all they talked about was their town and football team for 8 hours LOL. As with most test matches the beer kicked in about 2.30pm and then they were in full song.
    We also heard the magic song at the bottom of the western terrace about 5pm.
    Virtually the whole stand were ridiculing Leeds United