+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pontus jansson

Pontus jansson

I see he's shouting his mouth off again, claiming there's interest in him from premier league clubs.....go on then mouthy...name them...he's becoming a disruptive liability.....similar to McCormack towards the end, sad thing is both were and are decent players, although jansson is fine when it's going well, when we are behind and look to him for inspiration and leadership there isn't any....second part of last season he was below average....cash in or don't cash in....in my mind he's already gone, even at this early stage of his 5 year contract.

gone steadily downhill from the day he signed perm deal.

I took a different meaning from what he has allegedly been saying, which is for the club to get serious about getting back to the Premier League, if they aren't then let him try the Premiership.

He really didn't need to say anything via the media, all that could have been said behind closed doors.

He's doing what lots of his predesesors have done - advertising his services
    happens every world cup - remember Rio Ferdinand going to the world cup and getting tapped up by Beckham and Scholes...Not saying he's in that league - but the opportunity to "Network" while on World cup duty has to be a factor for all ambitious players - and who can blame him - after all playing in front of thousands of Marleys every week must be soul destroying lol...

He does come with a reputation for being outspoken which has landed him in hot water before at previous clubs.

After the last hit and miss season i wouldnt believe hes such hot property as he likes to make out. Probably just covering all basis - if we dont invest/show ambition then he has a nice excuse most fans will sympathize with when he jumps ship.

He does stink of another player showing amazing form during the loan spell and then fading away once the permanent contract is signed. Bit of a sing when your winning type too - fist pumping and going crazy on a win, first down the tunnel when we lose.

Decent player Pontus but not bigger than the club. If you were to say to me now Pontus out - Bartley and Flint in id take that anyday.

I suggest he keeps schtum and realise hes never going to be bigger than the club.

Bartley and flint.....what a solid partnership that sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    What is this obsession with Flint he was a centre back in the worst defence in the top half of the table for gods sake!

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Like i say hes a good footballer as we all know but im tired of him mouthing off. This is the second time hes done it in one world cup visit and it hasnt even kicked off yet.

Time he let his performances do the talking.

Flint is a goal threat being 6,5, defensively though if he was that good a better team would have had him by now

We just need Bartley back to keep pontus on the straight and narrow, I know berardi is a rb but to have a back 4 of ayling Bartley jansson and berardi would be great, all good defenders, all play with the passion and determination that leeds fans like, having the experience of stockdale behind them would be a plus, and then forshaw in front of them protecting the back line, we are talking top 6 stuff here, at the other end, hernandez X 2 and Saiz, alioski there too, this has the makings of a top 6 lineup, just the remaining midfielders to sort out and I'm telling you, there's a quality lineup there, with bielsa or McCarthy directing proceedings, this is doable, and I actually think radders will make this happen, no matter how much marls doesn't! Lol!

what happened to the big finnish kid we signed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)