+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just think if there is a fire sale

Just think if there is a fire sale

Chadli - £16m
    Rondon - £16m
    Rodriguez - £20m
    Livermore - £15m
    McClean - £6m
    Dawson - £15m
    Evans - £3m
    Phillips - £9m

That's £100m right there..

Now, just imagine if all of that was reinvested back into the squad wisely......

I think we will be lucky to get £50m 123. Can’t see any of them going for the figures quoted.

We are paying all of them good money and any new club will have agents to pay, and probably at least a modest increase in their current wages.

Put it another way how many of them (Dawson excluded) would you pay that amount for if we were still in the PL and we were looking to buy new players. The only one for me in addition to Dawson, would be Evans and that is only because he is at a ‘fire sale’ price due to the clause in his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I think we will be lucky to get £50m 123. Can’t see any of them going for the figures quoted.

We are paying all of them good money and any new club will have agents to pay, and probably at least a modest increase in their current wages.

Put it another way how many of them (Dawson excluded) would you pay that amount for if we were still in the PL and we were looking to buy new players. The only one for me in addition to Dawson, would be Evans and that is only because he is at a ‘fire sale’ price due to the clause in his contract.
    Plus Yarm other clubs will just hike the price of players we wanna buy . Like Mc Manaman
    What aload of crap he was , well still is .

I’m still trying to compute.

£6m for McClean.

#looneytunes

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

£6m for McClean.

#looneytunes
    Wrong currency I believe, 6 million Swedish kronor is more likely 😎

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Wrong currency I believe, 6 million Swedish kronor is more likely 😎

6 million Gambian Dalasi and would throw in one of those pots the local chics carry on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

£6m for McClean.

#looneytunes
    Ha, I'm with everyone on the valuations. I wouldn't pay that for them, apart from Evans and Dawson.

I'm just using figures I've read in the press plus the fact that we have a hard nosed bloke now in charge of the coffers who has learned his trade under Peace.

Didn't Derby bid £6m for McClean last year?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Ha, I'm with everyone on the valuations. I wouldn't pay that for them, apart from Evans and Dawson.

I'm just using figures I've read in the press plus the fact that we have a hard nosed bloke now in charge of the coffers who has learned his trade under Peace.

Didn't Derby bid £6m for McClean last year?
    Yes they did but they now have Lampard in charge.

Doesn’t look like a Lampard sort of player.

Doesn’t look like an anyone type of player in truth.

Apart from Pulis!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)