+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BETFRED Cup fixtures

BETFRED Cup fixtures

Any Edinburgh Doonhamers out there know how far the Edinburgh City/Spartans ground is from the City centre ? We’re thinking about getting a train up that day

It's a long way, about 3 miles, way down near Granton/Ferry Road, would not even think about walking it. Taxi at least from train station

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQOS View Post
    It's a long way, about 3 miles, way down near Granton/Ferry Road, would not even think about walking it. Taxi at least from train station

We’re thinking about getting a train up also. Are we better to get off at Haymarket or Waverley Station

Waverly is slightly closer but the traffic will be a lot worse, I would get a taxi from Haymarket, it's an easier route. Bad news is there are no pubs within about 1/2 mile.

Waverly is slightly closer but the traffic will be a lot worse, I would get a taxi from Haymarket, it's an easier route. Bad news is there are no pubs within about 1/2 mile.

Doesn’t it have an excellent social club right at the stadium?

I’ve lived and worked down that way in the past and know the area pretty well. Some of the pubs down that way are very much best avoided. The Telford Arms is pretty much at Crewe Toll and relatively close by and should be ok. No idea re their policy is re colours or such though. If there’s a social club at the ground I’d definitely go for that but the Telford could be a second option.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)