+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: More Pre-Season Friendlies Announced

A comfortable victory for Wolves, four goals scored and numerous chances created.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Thanks for that, Gav.

I'll be travelling to the Bescot stadium later to see Wolves take on Ajax. The game kicks off at 2pm, there should be a stream for this one .

They will have a split squad for this match as they're also playing Walsall later today. Don't know enough about their squad to know if we get most of their best players or not, but Huntelaar is in the starting XI and Daley Blind is on the bench for our match.

A decent workout for Wolves against a good Ajax side, who are are pleasing on the eye when on the ball. Chances alone, Wolves created the better ones and should really have come away with the victory but for the saves the Ajax keeper made.

One thing i will say about Nuno is he isn't afraid to give the youngsters a chance and already, the little i have seen of Ryan Giles suggests to me he has a big future ahead of him. He's good going forward and good on the ball, his end product may have let him down a bit, but it will improve. Morgan Gibbs-White is another player again given a chance. It's all about gaining experience and learning from the likes of Neves.

I was disappointed in the many Wolves conceded, but in a way Wolves could easily have been at least one goal up, it was just the final decision making of Jota that let him down, trying to decide whether to round the keeper having been put through on goal. 1-0 down at the break, but i always felt we had a goal in us.

It's been mentioned before having watched the two friendlies from the Switzerland trip of how "bulked" up Helder Costa looked, and seeing him today you can tell the difference. Wolves deserved their equaliser and a credit to Costa for winning the penalty from which Neves scored. As i mentioned earlier, i do think Wolves deserved to come away with a victory, but the Ajax keeper denied us, even dropping a routine cross, there was also a Danny Bathh header late on.

Wolves are looking in good shape from what i viewed today. Good support really considering the afternoon kick-off.

Thanks for the report Gav. Sounds promising. Roll on opening day!

Highlights for the 1-1 with Ajax

https://youtu.be/aVf9kkCDWDQ

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Highlights for the 1-1 with Ajax

https://youtu.be/aVf9kkCDWDQ
    Lovely jubbly! Cheers mate.

Wolves are in Germany and take on VfL Bochum this afternoon.

More Info Click Here

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)