+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fit Happened To Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Theres no character to cars these days
    Agreed. Plastic sh*te.

Although Vauxhall Astra VXR's look cool as f*ck. Turns out I'm selling one with just under a years MOT. Bargain at £6250.

Banging sound system included.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Air conditioning has replaced sunroofs.

One of the many problems with hybrids is that they are very heavy. You have to humf around the battery and electric motors as well as a petrol engine.
    What's the difference between air con and climate control.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Air conditioning has replaced sunroofs.

One of the many problems with hybrids is that they are very heavy. You have to humf around the battery and electric motors as well as a petrol engine.
    My hybrid has a sunroof. It's also not as heavy as it's non hybrid counterparts either.

It's the second hybrid I've had. I highly recommend them.

Name:  subaru-brz-model.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  17.2 KB

Mine has. Not a lot of torque though.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    What's the difference between air con and climate control.
    Climate control is just a fancy version of air conditioning that allows you to set your preferred temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    And hybrids. People can't make up their mind if they want a 4x4, a little run-around or a people carrier so the market is full of ugly cars that try do be all 3.
    Unless you own a country estate or farm, how many people actually need a 4x4 in the UK?

A bit different somewhere like Australia where half the country is wilderness and many country roads are inaccessible to low suspension two wheel drive vehicles. You can also drive at the speed limit on the beach in places which is fun but quite dangerous at high speeds.

Most of the new compact SUVs don't even have much boot space so not great for long trips away or chucking large dogs in the back. Remember looking at a CX-5 and the boot was tiny.

We bought an old Nissan X-Trail which isn't particularly attractive but it does the job and combines a relatively small footprint with a large boot. Spends most of its time in the garage during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Unless you own a country estate or farm, how many people actually need a 4x4 in the UK?
    We do.

Feeling nostalgic

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    Feeling nostalgic
    Me to. Especially with the XR2's. Had a look on Ebay and seems there is still quite a lot of them on the go.

This one is an absolute peach:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fies...oAAOSwUZNawTSP

This is why the marketing types brought back Minis, Beetles, Fiat 500s etc - to appeal to the 'character' market. Except the original versions were cheapish cars for the masses - now they're the upper-mid to luxury end of the market, which sucks out most of the character they're trying to create.

To make matters worse, a lot of the hipsters buying them have realised they need something bigger, so we now have abominations like the Fiat 500 xl and Minis the size of a house. Modern car makers don't seem to do irony

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast