+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How things might look based on strong rumours

How things might look based on strong rumours

Bielsa looks odds on favourite to become new leeds head coach

Stockdale Bartley and Hernandez are high up in the priority stakes and it seems every effort is being made to get these 4 into the club

If that's the case, our strongest 11 will be something like

Stockdale ayling Bartley jansson forshaw alioski hernandez Saiz hernandez, leaving space for 2 more quality signings, possibly 1 midfielder and 1 striker, or maybe 2 midfielders, all depends on the bielsa formation

If the above happens I'll be very optimistic, the squad would then after that 11 some very capable backups, the likes of berardi debock Dallas sacko and ekuban, and then our talented u23s, BPF coyle Denton pearce shaughnessy O'connor Phillips Vieira Roberts Edmondson plus a few others

There would be reason for optimism IF the above happens, its a big IF, but possible!

June and July will be the most important months in the clubs recent history, there's a feel right now that the club MUST get it right as future seasons could be harder for us to gain promotion

IF the above happens, would you guys be happy with it? Obviously marls will say it won't happen, there's no point him coming on this thread and saying it wont happen, we already know his opinion

But how about the rest of you?

you are forgetting our Japanese superstar Clive.....

Whilst the manager might well be sorted in the near future I'd actually be quite surprised if much happened transfers-wise until after the WC. But yes, if the strong rumours do turn out to be accurate then on paper we'd have a competitive squad, so reasons for cautious optimism. But many a slip 'twixt cup and lip............

If that's going to be our strongest 11 come August then we are well f00ked again this season. Any strongest 11 with Alioski in it isn't going anywhere.

'very capable backups the likes of debock, sacko and ekuban'?? They're feckin garbage!!

I wouldn't necessarily have included Alioski. But how about:
    Stockdale/BPF, Ayling, Bartley, Jansson, Pearce, Forshaw, Vieira, Hernandez, Sais, Hernandez, Roberts ?
    One or two high quality signings added to that, plus the likes of Phillips, Alioski, Roofe, Ideguchi (you never know....), and it's not that bad ? Especially if one or more of Edmondson, Dalby, Struijk, Diaz or the other promising youngsters also come through.

A coach or manager comming in who knows what he's doin would make the biggest difference, even to improving our shyte players or at least recognising shyte and then getting rid.

Bartley, Stockdale and Hernandez would be a good start but this squad needs a lot more than that. Another winger, another central midfielder, another striker and possibly even a second winger.

As mentioned Joel and you are right, stockdale Bartley and hernandez is a good start, and I mentioned that if you add those to ayling jansson forshaw alioski hernandez and Saiz, then we need 2 more quality experienced signings to complete the 11

How anyone can say alioski is crap is an idiot, first season in English football, grabs a few goals and a few assists, while also winning goal of the season, plus he works hard and tracks back, I'd say he's going to be a good player for us, my only gripe about alioski is he falls down too easily, and I would like to see him take on the fullback more, he's got the ability to do so

Sorry taff but how would you have Roberts over alioski?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)