+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Woody

Woody

Can you see him playing more than a dozen games next season?

It will be hard on him after this seasons battling from getting a deal to make up the four central defenders to him getting the winning goals in a battleing never say die season. I know Warne calls him the wrecking ball because of his exploits in both boxes but after last season you could chang that to rubber ball. He just kept on coming back bigger and better. A true gentleman and great for the club

I hope that he's around but if he wants to play will it be with another team?

No he needs to do his coaching badges

He has been great this season but you have to know when to hang up your boots - he would be a liability in the Championship with his lack of pace.Having said that m not sure about Semi and Ikea !

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    He has been great this season but you have to know when to hang up your boots - he would be a liability in the Championship with his lack of pace.Having said that m not sure about Semi and Ikea !
    3 at the back. Him with a load speaker for the games against the loader oposition?

If only he was 10 years younger, in this kind of form and physical condition. He probably wouldn't be playing for us if that was the case.
    He struggled with us in the championship, his lack of pace being his main weakness, which pacey championship players took full advantage of. He won't be any quicker this time round either.
    It's a shame but like frog, I can't see him having much impact for us next season.
    Hopefully Warney has a coaching role for him.

I think Woody is a great guy and he will be forever remembered at Rotherham United thanks to his goals to get us promoted. However, I think the Championship is a step too far, the gap between the Championship + league 1 was highlighted this year when the same 3 relegated teams all got promoted. Against high quality, quick strikers I just don't think Woody will be effective enough. He's slower than the Titanic when he turns and it has cost us a few goals in the season, particularly earlier on. I'd like to see him stay at Rotherham maybe with a coaching role as he clearly has a passion for the club, but I think this season will be too much for him.

I think Semi has the ability to be a good defender he just needs more experience behind him which will come with time. I think a good quality, more experienced defender at the side of Semi could work. I don't see the point in bringing in 2 completely new centre halves, Semi has all the traits of being a good CD just develop him.