+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: English non - league teams . . .

English non - league teams . . .

Boreham Wood and Sutton United from the Vanarama National are to be invited by the SPFL to
    enter the Irn - Bru Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Boreham Wood and Sutton United from the Vanarama National are to be invited by the SPFL to
    enter the Irn - Bru Cup.

Could they of go two further away teams
    Last edited by aloreburn; 05-06-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Could they of go two further away teams
    Exactly what I was thinking mate. Also can we now call the Irn - Bru Cup an all - British competition ?

Macclesfield Town won the Vanarama National league and Tranmere Rovers won the play offs so both promoted to football league 2 so SPFL are inviting the next 2 teams in that league (Sutton United - 3rd & Boreham Wood - 4th)

Is it not enough of a circus with Irish and Welsh teams without adding more. The SPFL should be spending more of there efforts in getting us some more TV money or other incomes.

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasQOS View Post
    Is it not enough of a circus with Irish and Welsh teams without adding more. The SPFL should be spending more of there efforts in getting us some more TV money or other incomes.

i think it sounds great ,and the further the better ,be great days out those two ,id be more dissapointed if it was teams like carlisle or workington as iv seen and done them both ,i hope we get a draw away to sutton likes ,great day oot in london area .

This competition is getting a bit far fetched (excuse the pun)...

I think it is a great idea as it will mean even more exposure for the club across the UK. Especially when conversations around our ever diminishing support crop up.

Over the last two seasons I have noticed a significant difference when I am asked who I support in Wales. I used to say Queen of the South and I would be met with a look of bemusement. Now I only have to say Quee... and they know exactly who I mean. This is coming from a very rugby orientated area as well.

It has been a great chance to see the Irish and Welsh teams and hopefully learn one or two things from each other.

There'll be clubs from Belgium, France and Holland in the Challenge Cup next.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    There'll be clubs from Belgium, France and Holland in the Challenge Cup next.
    Well there won't be will there.

We could come up against some good players from some of the non league sides. Another benefit.

We have to do something to energise scottish football.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)