+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T 23rd June - Independence Day

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Why even talk about a bad deal?

Us Remainers have been told we must shut up and keep quiet because leaving the EU will be the best thing we've ever done. I understood that to mean that the deal which would be struck would show us conclusively that we should have voted 'Leave' in the first place. For the same reason, I thought you'd be more than happy for a 2nd Referendum on the final deal to prove once and for all that voting Leave was right. I guess you're not so sure after all?

I don't think by the way that we should have another referendum. We made our bed, now we have to lie in it. Some sleepless nights ahead though
    It 'could' be the best thing unless the government back track and sign up to the customs union and accept the EU terms fully, free movement etc. This is the so called 'bad deal' scenario certainly that I think of and under such circumstances we may as well stay in!

It would be pointless to stay in under this scenario, accepting all the rules, paying in as we were but having no vote, this is basically the model that the pro EU mob are wanting and it would be seen as a total betrayal by leave voters, a total cop out.

We have what they want, money and there is the potential to use this to our advantage if the UK negotiators are not hamstrung by a Parliament vote which prevents a no deal outcome. If the no deal scenario is blocked, we'll probably end up with the package above, technically out but still paying in and with no vote or say on any business, that's brainless.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Why even talk about a bad deal?

Us Remainers have been told we must shut up and keep quiet because leaving the EU will be the best thing we've ever done. I understood that to mean that the deal which would be struck would show us conclusively that we should have voted 'Leave' in the first place. For the same reason, I thought you'd be more than happy for a 2nd Referendum on the final deal to prove once and for all that voting Leave was right. I guess you're not so sure after all?

I don't think by the way that we should have another referendum. We made our bed, now we have to lie in it. Some sleepless nights ahead though
    What would you be having sleepless nights about then?
    Genuine question.

The only nightmare is the *******s about 'soft' Brexit.

Soft Brexit is Remain - no matter what 'Here We Go Looby Soubry' says
    I know Remoaners call us thick but, come on, Joey Es*** can even work this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think just a plain white flag would be quite fitting.
    With May running the show you are probably right, weak and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    It 'could' be the best thing unless the government back track and sign up to the customs union and accept the EU terms fully, free movement etc. This is the so called 'bad deal' scenario certainly that I think of and under such circumstances we may as well stay in!

It would be pointless to stay in under this scenario, accepting all the rules, paying in as we were but having no vote, this is basically the model that the pro EU mob are wanting and it would be seen as a total betrayal by leave voters, a total cop out.

We have what they want, money and there is the potential to use this to our advantage if the UK negotiators are not hamstrung by a Parliament vote which prevents a no deal outcome. If the no deal scenario is blocked, we'll probably end up with the package above, technically out but still paying in and with no vote or say on any business, that's brainless.
    Very very well put in the last paragraph .......... We're rich, they're poor without us. As I've said till I'm blue in the face .... it's business, and business is all about making brass ... so f'cem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123