+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T 23rd June - Independence Day

Clever that Tricky, can I guess that it is a running man falling flat on his face🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Clever that Tricky, can I guess that it is a running man falling flat on his face🙂
    Let's hope so. Hopefully Juncker.

... as the lying EU control freaks ponder how to appear to offer us something, how wil they dress it up as we move towards the sharp end and actually negotiate. Their compromise on everything strategy will not work this time. It's all been hot air so far. Time for our Remoaner MP's to sit down and shut up - they abdicated on the decision 're in/out.
    Happy day for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... as the lying EU control freaks ponder how to appear to offer us something, how wil they dress it up as we move towards the sharp end and actually negotiate. Their compromise on everything strategy will not work this time. It's all been hot air so far. Time for our Remoaner MP's to sit down and shut up - they abdicated on the decision 're in/out.
    Happy day for tomorrow!
    They won't offer us anything. They never could.
    The uncompromising facts are-
    free movement/border control
    EU law
    Single market rules

You want to change any of those, then forget it. It is the core of membership.
    Get a deal on any of these and there is no point being a member and forking out all that dosh.
    It would kill the EU over night. So what are they doing? They are playing for time and trying to spread the seed of discontent. The remoaner MP's are playing into their hands.
    This is how trapped countries have allowed themselves to be contained.

No deal IS better than a bad deal.

MAYhem and KHANage in the capital tomorrow. Three marches and gatherings with opposing agendas. Methinks someone is trying to incite trouble. What's the betting that it will be painted as far right activists if trouble flares up?

Can anyone name a single, solitary concession by the EU? They have been totally rigid, this has been no negotiation and yet it's the UK that stands accused of vagueness.

If 'remoaner' MP's are able to remove the 'no deal' possibility from our negotiators, that would be taking away a massive bargaining tool from us. The EU want the 40 billion we promised, with no deal they wouldn't get it and they'd have a massive black hole in their budget.

In holding out on the possibility of a no deal, we at least have some leverage?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think just a plain white flag would be quite fitting.
    That would be the flag we would be flying if we stayed in silly

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Can anyone name a single, solitary concession by the EU? They have been totally rigid, this has been no negotiation and yet it's the UK that stands accused of vagueness.

If 'remoaner' MP's are able to remove the 'no deal' possibility from our negotiators, that would be taking away a massive bargaining tool from us. The EU want the 40 billion we promised, with no deal they wouldn't get it and they'd have a massive black hole in their budget.

In holding out on the possibility of a no deal, we at least have some leverage?
    Meanwhile, in a desperate bid to stop another member state dropping out of the EU, Greece has today been offered an extra 15 Billion of those fake euro thingys....and agreed terms to delay payments on the other 275 Billion of existing debt for a further 10 years....phew, it's lucky that the ECB has the printing presses running on overtime!!

What with Poland, Hungary and a few other eastern countries refusing to take ANY immigrants, Italy looking to offload 500,000 of the pesky "foreigners" and France introducing jail terms for illegals as well as Mad Merkel fighting a rear-guard action with AFD...IT LOOKS LIKE WE ARE GETTING OUT AT THE RIGHT TIME........I say we offer them NO money......cheerio Barnier....... and happy Independence Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    They won't offer us anything. They never could.
    The uncompromising facts are-
    free movement/border control
    EU law
    Single market rules

You want to change any of those, then forget it. It is the core of membership.
    Get a deal on any of these and there is no point being a member and forking out all that dosh.
    It would kill the EU over night. So what are they doing? They are playing for time and trying to spread the seed of discontent. The remoaner MP's are playing into their hands.
    This is how trapped countries have allowed themselves to be contained.

No deal IS better than a bad deal.
    Why even talk about a bad deal?

Us Remainers have been told we must shut up and keep quiet because leaving the EU will be the best thing we've ever done. I understood that to mean that the deal which would be struck would show us conclusively that we should have voted 'Leave' in the first place. For the same reason, I thought you'd be more than happy for a 2nd Referendum on the final deal to prove once and for all that voting Leave was right. I guess you're not so sure after all?

I don't think by the way that we should have another referendum. We made our bed, now we have to lie in it. Some sleepless nights ahead though
    Last edited by magpie_mania; 22-06-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Why even talk about a bad deal?

Us Remainers have been told we must shut up and keep quiet because leaving the EU will be the best thing we've ever done. I understood that to mean that the deal which would be struck would show us conclusively that we should have voted 'Leave' in the first place. For the same reason, I thought you'd be more than happy for a 2nd Referendum on the final deal to prove once and for all that voting Leave was right. I guess you're not so sure after all?

I don't think by the way that we should have another referendum. We made our bed, now we have to lie in it. Some sleepless nights ahead though
    Oh I am perfectly sure.
    I saw this for what it was years ago.
    A drive for a USE.
    I , nor you never voted for that. We was conned all those years ago and have never had the chance to amend it since. There has been other referendums across the EU that have been forced to vote again, to get a different outcome. They are trying the same with us.
    The EU came into existence under the guise of free trade. By stealth that has been the hammer to bring countries into line.
    I love the economic squealing that keeps coming out. You'd think no one in the world could exist without the EU.
    These squealers are the same doom merchants, that said the country would crash and burn unless we join the Euro.

I'll stick by my first assessment thanks. We said leave, so lets leave. I don't want a half botched deal where the EU still pulls our strings and decides what we can and cannot do.
    They won't bend at all and we'll be worse off stayed tied to them.
    **** em, get us out. Place is a ticking time bomb anyway, with immigration and economic unfairness eating away at many countries.

TICK TOCK.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast