+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What is the benefit of a 3 Year deal?

What is the benefit of a 3 Year deal?

I was surprised to see that Warne and Barker had been awarded with a 3 year deal. Surely the correct thing to do would have been to keep it as it was.

TS said on TV that he had better offer him a deal and Warne was asked whether he wanted one and he said no so hen I looked I was taken by surprise.

Pay out if TS shoots the bullet I suppose and Warney/Barker might sleep a little better knowing that

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I was surprised to see that Warne and Barker had been awarded with a 3 year deal. Surely the correct thing to do would have been to keep it as it was.

TS said on TV that he had better offer him a deal and Warne was asked whether he wanted one and he said no so hen I looked I was taken by surprise.
    also compensation if Warne does really well and is wanted by other clubs.

Surely it's a reward for the two employees doing very very well over the last 9 months

I agree with all of your replies.

I can't see Warne having the passion to do it again anywhere else. I think that we are the luckiest club at the moment having dropped on our feet with Warne. His commitment to the club can never be questioned.

If it is a reward for his work over the last year or so even having to work with Evans then credit due to TS

also trying to get new players they know there some stability at the club.

The answer is actually security for the two employees and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    also trying to get new players they know there some stability at the club.
    That is a good point. If the manager is on a longer contract then that does make sense