+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Keith Wyness and HMRC.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    But WCV knows his football and it's good banter - unlike you! Which alias is the Vagrant taking lately as he's missed as much as Berahino!!! Hopefully that double decker would have got him..................
    Oh I know my football, crazy innit how enemies become unexpected allies in the Championship,lets see how long that lasts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Oh the Irony!!!!
    My comment was to Baggieblood, your reply to him wasn't posted up as I did mine

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Oh I know my football, crazy innit how enemies become unexpected allies in the Championship,lets see how long that lasts!!
    Not a fkn chance fella.

A legitimate topic of conversation in my opinion.

Surely a man of Dr Xia’s supposed means should have no trouble paying her majesty.

If not......maybe a sign that he’s a chancer without a pot in which to p I s s and the SKY money was his roulette wheel?

No crowing here WCV......every chance our owner is the same sort.

You may well be right there Mick, he is reported to have a healthy bank balance but the strict rules in China on their citizens moving money abroad means he has to borrow. I therefore think the club will be sold and with a parachute payment of only £15M this season plus pitiful TV money he will have made a substantial loss.

You need to get back up in the next 2 years or change owners too I think!

WCV can’t agree with you comment about pitiful tv money!!!

That is the crux of the problem how many other industries bar top class sport, and then only a select few, can go to the well and get huge amounts of money, even in the Championship, handed to them on a golden plate. There aren’t many good things to come out of this ludicrous situation but one thing that is, is seeing greedy overseas investors getting their fingers burnt and losing some of their money. Hopefully will see a lot more of it happening as the bubble starts to burst.

Clubs should be run within their means first and foremost no matter which club you are.

Nail on the head WCV, about the funds being stopped outside of China.
    This is very worrying, and the reason Jenkins panicked when he saw Albions deficit even though we aren't in debt. It also explains the appointment of Big Dave and the decision not to go ahead with upgrading the medical centre.
    Dr Xia should be able to sell and reclaim his money easily, not so Lai who fell for Jeremiahs charm for the tune of £180m.
    I never understand fans who thought Peace was the bees knees. This could be the 90's revisited.

I always find it petty when Albion/Wolves/Villa/Blues fans have a pop at each other on here. Banter is a good laugh, but when it becomes childish and immature - from all sides - I generally don't read on much further.

What grinds my gears is how crap West Midlands football is perceived around the UK. I work all over, including nationally and internationally. Clubs in our region are just not relevant to most, apart from us who live or are from there. Its a sad state of affairs and it wasn't this way in the past. We've been the top West Mids club for the last few years, but realistically we haven't done anything special, just been less crap than the others.

Villa have serious problems, but can anyone say they want them to go the wall? I don't, I want a scenario we had a few years ago when all 4 big W Mids teams were in the prem. I want European football to come back to us, preferably, but to the area. I want trophies to be won. We have only 2 League cup wins between the four of us in 30 years.

Also, and this is the scary part, any one of our clubs could have found ourselves in the mess they are in. Let's hope and pray we find ourselves back in the Prem sooner rather than later. And hopefully Villa find a way out of their problems. A Villa in league 1 or 2 is not good for anyone in our region.

It's 3 league cups fella - 2 for us and 1 for blues, a sorry state of affairs I agree. In the same way that our clubs have little relevance outside of the Midlands, I meet a number of people through work down here and Villa's fanbase is significant in the same way as any of the London clubs. I think both are dwarfed by Liverpool, Man U and now Man City - all of whom have a large global following.

The way I feel about football can be summed up with relation to my lad's team, I love watching them play and grow up together because I love the game. I'd be heartbroken if his club ever ceased to be and for that reason I don't ever want to see any club fold - the greed at the top level is sickening, & they want more.

Yarm - I'd read this season that TV money in the Championship is dwarfed by the PL?

WCV. Absolutely right that Championship money is dwarfed by PL as is the money clubs in say Belgium or Holland get or indeed anywhere else. But it is still significant and it is not dependent upon the club generating it via turnstiles or through other income such as shirt sales.

I am sure the likes of Tesco and Sainsbury’s would love someone to give them mega bucks so that they can maintain the status quo against the likes of Aldi and Lidl.

Football and the press that lives off of the back of it just need a reality check.

Next they will be saying hundreds of top professional footballers need to earn such big wages because they only have a short career!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)