+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: John Sheridan

Quote Originally Posted by Messiah Masson View Post
    Broke all sorts of records with us......the last one being 9 consecutive defeats.
    I thought he went one better and made it 10?

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    I thought he went one better and made it 10?
    The tenth unfortunately belongs to Alan Smith. But in reality, it was a mix of Sheridan and Trew. Sheridan couldn't motivate and Trew couldn't/wouldn't pay the wages if I remember correctly?

Pretty sure it was 9 but I'm certain he would have extended the run if he had been allowed to. Good luck to Carlisle.

You poor sods

He joined us at a bad time in our history. He made it worse.

Just the man to take you back to the conference.. However he managed to make a career out of football is nothing short of a miracle...

Carlisle become the new graveyard for ex Notts managers. First Keith Curle, now Jon Sheridan.

As others have said we appointed Jon Sheridan in a bleak time. Fans relationship with the owners at the time was at an all time low and JS with his experience was the last throw of the dice. It did not happen for him and after suffering 9 defeats in a row was relieved of his duties.

Some of his former players released at the end of last season to look out for;
    Jonathan Forte (Striker)
    Carl Dickinson (Left Back)

Quote Originally Posted by nobbyblue View Post
    Carlisle fan here. We've just appointed John Sheridan as manager. Any good or crackerjack?
    Average manager. Was absolutely pants for us, but that doesn't mean he won't do a good job for you. He likes a drink.......so if you go on a bad run, it's curtains.

So we'll be welcoming him back to the Lane next season.
    Hope it's Boxing Day, we could fill his dug out with unwanted presents

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Average manager. Was absolutely pants for us, but that doesn't mean he won't do a good job for you. He likes a drink.......so if you go on a bad run, it's curtains.

His after match interviews will have fans reaching for the anti depressants, I've never heard such a downbeat character in football when things aren't going well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast