+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John Sheridan

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    So we'll be welcoming him back to the Lane next season.
    Hope it's Boxing Day, we could fill his dug out with unwanted presents
    I would be a huge fan of, if its just before or around Xmas, Notts fans wrapping up empty boxes and leaving them for him either in the dugout or dressing room or something.

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    I would be a huge fan of, if its just before or around Xmas, Notts fans wrapping up empty boxes and leaving them for him either in the dugout or dressing room or something.
    This would be great but knowing him he'd be suspended and watching from the stands anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    This would be great but knowing him he'd be suspended and watching from the stands anyway...

...or the Navi.

The incident that will always stick in my mind (apart from when his kids' Christmas was ruined) was when he was chuckling about no-one knowing who was supposed to be taking a corner, capping it off with "if they don't figure it out soon I'll go and take it myself". Confirmation that organisation and communication didn't seem to be his strong points.

It didn't work at all for Sheridan at Notts County, but that's not typical of his career. There were a lot of things going wrong off the pitch at the time, and I think it affected performances on the pitch (even if it shouldn't, in theory).

Alex Rodman was an example of how it just didn't come off for Sheridan here. He signed him from Newport and he barely made an impression before being released to Shrewsbury, yet his performances there (a league higher) have been impressive, justifying Paul Hurst's belief in his ability and showing that Sheridan's eye for a player wasn't completely wrong.

Even the better managers have one or two clubs where it just doesn't work for them, and Meadow Lane was obviously a jinx for Sheridan, but on the balance of probability he'll do at least okay at Carlisle.

Full transcript of Shezza's rant, courtesy of Jacob Daniel.

Name:  Capture3.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  15.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Seems reasonable. It could describe 80% of the referees we've had this season, although not all of them reffed us just before Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Or his note to santa as a kid?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123