+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's Sheridan

Reduced budget this year by all accounts, so I reckon he must have been made false promises by the board as he says that he turned down a couple of jobs before coming to us. We're basically skint and relying on inputs of cash from the Chairman and Edinburgh Woollen Mills. Like I said, good luck to the bloke.

I don't really believe the budget is being reduced by any greater percentage than the majority of tier four clubs, to be honest.

The "football fortune" stuff was always said to be in addition to the budget anyway, and the budget was just used as an excuse by Curle - who had a more than adequate budget and wasted it largely, on sh1t.

If I was in Clibbins or the club's position I would be saying exactly the same thing - no matter how much I had in the kitty. Only a fool goes into the close season bragging about how much money they're going to spend - you would get fleeced by every agent you approached. Seems to me a fairly sensible business practice to put it about you're having to tighten the purse strings a little, it gives you a way better starting potition when you enter into any negotiations.

I don't reckon Sheridan would've accepted the position without a decent pot of dosh to invest in players and bring in a backroom team. I can't believe they would've lied to him about this, Griff. The club / owners have been excellent in backing their last three managers with generous budgets, I can't believe this philosophy is going to change with Sheridan's appointment.

This being said, I'm already becoming a little impatient no additions have been made since the appointment last Tuesday. We were told Sheridan was appointed so "we could hit the ground running" but five days have passed and we've seen zippo.

I'm expecting some solid new arrivals in the next week (both players and staff) - and the announcement of some sort of pre-season programme. If we're still in the same position next Sunday I'll be extremely disappointed.

Aye, it's like the old Monty Python line - Suddenly, nothing happened!

As for the budget, we'll have to wait and see.

Come back John,we miss you

He's earned a fair crack of the whip from me.

We were badly under-prepared for the game at Exeter - due to our uncompetitive pre-season programme and the fact Sheridan picked the wrong side etc...

However, he's clearly shown he's a manager who learns from his mistakes and is not afraid to make brave decisions. In honesty, since the opening day I've been impressed.

You're correct in that he's not afraid to make brave decisions,the only time that I've ever seen a treble substitution was under him when we was two nil down and we went on to win three two,it's a pity that you aren't playing us soon as our football is unbelievably bad,we lost four nil to Yeovil at home yesterday and it was the worst game of football by Notts that I've seen in the past two years,they was booed off and already shouts for Nolans head can be heard with only three games into the season

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)