+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts v West Han

Notts v West Han

Watching Jools Holland and James performed Sit down.
    Did I dream this or did we once play West Ham, probably early 90s, and scored 3 goals in the first half. The West Ham fans all sat down on the terraced Kop in dismay and we sang the James song at them.
    I’d have been about 10 at the time but I’m sure I haven’t made it up???

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Did I dream this or did we once play West Ham, probably early 90s, and scored 3 goals in the first half. The West Ham fans all sat down on the terraced Kop in dismay and we sang the James song at them.
    They all sat down singing " we are sheite".

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/ncfc9192.html

I was at that game, on the KOP closer to the turnstiles far away from their fans. This write up confirms what you say

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/1991-92.html

I remember too many games with West ham back around 1980. They always used to infiltrate our fans in County Road. You knew who they were though, some of them wore boxing headgear!

Here's the West Ham team at meadow Lane 1980. Pretty good for 2nd division and they won the Cup that year

West Ham United
    Colours:- Claret shirts with sky blue sleeves, White shorts, ?Sky blue socks?
    League Position:- before match 16th/22, after match 14th/22
    Manager:- John Lyall

1. Phil Parkes
    2. Ray Stewart
    3. Frank Lampard
    4. Billy Bonds
    5. Alvin Martin
    6. Pat Holland
    7. Paul Allen
    8. Geoff Pike
    9. David Cross
    10. Trevor Brooking
    11. Jimmy Neighbour

Sub not used

Notes:-
    Notts lost their unbeaten home record despite dominating the game from start to finish. McCulloch did everything but score, and when he did find the back of the net it was disallowed. The Hammers' goal came via a dubious free-kick floated in by Brooking to Martin at the far post, who headed it back across goal and Pat Holland's brave diving header proved to be the undeserved winner.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Here's the West Ham team at meadow Lane 1980. Pretty good for 2nd division and they won the Cup that year

West Ham United
    Colours:- Claret shirts with sky blue sleeves, White shorts, ?Sky blue socks?
    League Position:- before match 16th/22, after match 14th/22
    Manager:- John Lyall

1. Phil Parkes
    2. Ray Stewart
    3. Frank Lampard
    4. Billy Bonds
    5. Alvin Martin
    6. Pat Holland
    7. Paul Allen
    8. Geoff Pike
    9. David Cross
    10. Trevor Brooking
    11. Jimmy Neighbour

Sub not used

Notes:-
    Notts lost their unbeaten home record despite dominating the game from start to finish. McCulloch did everything but score, and when he did find the back of the net it was disallowed. The Hammers' goal came via a dubious free-kick floated in by Brooking to Martin at the far post, who headed it back across goal and Pat Holland's brave diving header proved to be the undeserved winner.
    Frank Lampard only really impressed when he was moved into a central midfield role...

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I was at that game, on the KOP closer to the turnstiles far away from their fans. This write up confirms what you say

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/1991-92.html

I remember too many games with West ham back around 1980. They always used to infiltrate our fans in County Road. You knew who they were though, some of them wore boxing headgear!

We got rushed by them in the County Road stand once and I gave one a mighty whack round the back of his head with my motorbike helmet for punching my mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Frank Lampard only really impressed when he was moved into a central midfield role...
    Yeah, he was getting on a bit by then though.

I remember Brooking that day. He appealed to the referee after every tackle on him, EVERY tackle, and the ref fell for it. He must have thought “an England player? Must have been a foul”.

I remember seeing that weird Alf Garnett "lookalike" that followed them everywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast