+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do your bit for humanity!

Do your bit for humanity!

I did this morning. "What did you do?", I hear you say.

This dear old lady, well into her 70s I would guess and a 20 something young man came to the door to spread the word of God to me? How nice of them, I thought. Not had any Jehova's Witnesses at the door for a long time. I kept these 2 busy for well over an hour. Comedy of the the highest order yet somehow they didn't laugh.

I asked them several searching questions to which they didn't have a proper answer.

Why is it JW policy to have allegations of rape or ***ual assault dealt with internally rather than taking it to the police? They said it wasn't so I quoted a couple of cases to them where that was exactly what happened recently in the Netherlands. I also told them that this policy can be found on their website. "Ah but they may go the police it isn't forbidden". No, but it is greatly discouraged and going to the police leads to banishment....... They had no answer to this.

I pointed out a couple of pieces form Genesis that contradict each other. They told me which of contradictionns they believed..... so you don't believe the bit that contradicts your belief then? No. Sounds a bit selective to me.

The Ark. So kangaroos hopped, swam and then hopped again all the way to Mount Sinai, got on the ark, floated around for anything between a week and a year depending on which chapter/verse (Genesis 7 and 8) you decide to adopt and then hopped, swam and hopped all the way back to Australia. The same applies to Penguins from the South Pole except they waddled and swam..... That apparently happened because they believe it did............ I also asked them what the carnivores, such as lions and tigers, ate on the ark...... The Holy Spirit will have taken care of them they said......

Nobody is born a Muslim/Catholic/Jade etc etc etc they are all indoctrinated/brainwashed from birth. JWs are apparently not indoctrinated.....

I brought up the multitude of Gods that the ancient Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and many more and howthey had been proven not to exist. They agreed that it was an error of judgment back then. Why is your God any more credible than the Greek Gods etc. Well God has a basis in fact through his word in the bible..... I mentioned the contradictions again. I like making people blush. I also informed them that as recently as the end of World War 2 the Japanese believed their Royal Family to be Gods...... that turned out to be a strue as the Egyptian Gods......

I also commented that if I was wrong, and there is a God, then he/she/it is unworthy of being honoured/praised for allowing all of the atrocities carried out in his/her/its name.

They brought up War. I commented that there have been many, many wars fought because one group believed differently to another group. Hutu and Tutsi for instance...... both apparently honouring a false God they said

I saved others from having to deal with them for over an hour. Civic duty done.

I ended by saying that although I had no religious belief whatsoever, I respected their right to believe and would stand up for that right for them, however misguided that belief might be. My final sentence was "May your God go with you".

I fully realise that there will be believers who post on here who totally disagree with my thoughts on the matter. That is their right and I support that right. There is no slight intended towards them in my thoughts and actions.

May your God go with you.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I did this morning. "What did you do?", I hear you say.

This dear old lady, well into her 70s I would guess and a 20 something young man came to the door to spread the word of God to me? How nice of them, I thought. Not had any Jehova's Witnesses at the door for a long time. I kept these 2 busy for well over an hour. Comedy of the the highest order yet somehow they didn't laugh.

I asked them several searching questions to which they didn't have a proper answer.

Why is it JW policy to have allegations of rape or ***ual assault dealt with internally rather than taking it to the police? They said it wasn't so I quoted a couple of cases to them where that was exactly what happened recently in the Netherlands. I also told them that this policy can be found on their website. "Ah but they may go the police it isn't forbidden". No, but it is greatly discouraged and going to the police leads to banishment....... They had no answer to this.

I pointed out a couple of pieces form Genesis that contradict each other. They told me which of contradictionns they believed..... so you don't believe the bit that contradicts your belief then? No. Sounds a bit selective to me.

The Ark. So kangaroos hopped, swam and then hopped again all the way to Mount Sinai, got on the ark, floated around for anything between a week and a year depending on which chapter/verse (Genesis 7 and 8) you decide to adopt and then hopped, swam and hopped all the way back to Australia. The same applies to Penguins from the South Pole except they waddled and swam..... That apparently happened because they believe it did............ I also asked them what the carnivores, such as lions and tigers, ate on the ark...... The Holy Spirit will have taken care of them they said......

Nobody is born a Muslim/Catholic/Jade etc etc etc they are all indoctrinated/brainwashed from birth. JWs are apparently not indoctrinated.....

I brought up the multitude of Gods that the ancient Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and many more and howthey had been proven not to exist. They agreed that it was an error of judgment back then. Why is your God any more credible than the Greek Gods etc. Well God has a basis in fact through his word in the bible..... I mentioned the contradictions again. I like making people blush. I also informed them that as recently as the end of World War 2 the Japanese believed their Royal Family to be Gods...... that turned out to be a strue as the Egyptian Gods......

I also commented that if I was wrong, and there is a God, then he/she/it is unworthy of being honoured/praised for allowing all of the atrocities carried out in his/her/its name.

They brought up War. I commented that there have been many, many wars fought because one group believed differently to another group. Hutu and Tutsi for instance...... both apparently honouring a false God they said

I saved others from having to deal with them for over an hour. Civic duty done.

I ended by saying that although I had no religious belief whatsoever, I respected their right to believe and would stand up for that right for them, however misguided that belief might be. My final sentence was "May your God go with you".

I fully realise that there will be believers who post on here who totally disagree with my thoughts on the matter. That is their right and I support that right. There is no slight intended towards them in my thoughts and actions.

May your God go with you.
    Nothing more boring than an evangelist

I always thought God used to manage Derby County in the late 1960s and early 70s?

I would like to nominate you for a knighthood for services to humanity for having the patience to actually listen to the ******* for an hour without having the urge to pour boiling water over their heads

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    I always thought God used to manage Derby County in the late 1960s and early 70s?
    Tommy died and went to heaven. He was being shown round the place and expressed an interest in the footy area, so St Pete took him for a look . They were nattering away up in the grandstand of the most beautiful stadium you could imagine, while some players practised down below. there was Best, Moore, Matthews, Everaldo and more going through their paces, but Tommy couldn't help but notice away in the distance a winger, being fed the ball right out on the left wing, and banging it over onto EXACTLY the same spot in the danger area of the penalty box almost every time

Tommy noticed fair hair on the player, and white boots, and asked St Pete a question.

'Excuse me, but that looks like Alan Hinton out there on the wing - but he isn't dead. How can that be?'

St Pete let out a chuckle and responded.

'No that's not Hinton. Did you notice he didn't hit the spot EVERY time? That should tell you all you needed to know. It's not Hinton, its God - He just THINKS he's Hinton'

I'm certainly doing my bit for humanity by defending those 2 selfless individuals from discrimination and hatred.

#FreeRams4JusticeNow

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)