+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It’s Dan the Man

It’s Dan the Man

Dan has signed a 2 year deal as Head Coach,which is longer than I thought he would get but good luck to the lad and the team.He starts on July 1st which doesn’t leave much time to recruit new players or is he just head coach without any say in recruitment?

Whitey's been playing with words again-

" Appointed as lead of the Bundesliga side in 2016, Stendel boasted a 54% win ratio in just under a year in charge".

This might make the reader think the wins were in the Bundesliga. In fact 25 out of 28 games were in the second tier Bundesliga 2

No mention of the 14 month gap.

"At Barnsley (the management) have a plan"--please share with the fans Goat Hair.

Welcome Dan.

Haven't you got it yet Filey the French Muppet is running the show

Quote Originally Posted by Fileytyke View Post
    Dan has signed a 2 year deal as Head Coach,which is longer than I thought he would get but good luck to the lad and the team.He starts on July 1st which doesn’t leave much time to recruit new players or is he just head coach without any say in recruitment?
    I'd go with the latter Filey. He's just been brought in due to his coaching methods by the look of things. We are adopting the high press and telling the rest of league 1 before a ball has been kicked.

Rather than teams coming off the pitch and saying "blumming heck Barnsley played us off the park they used that high press well". They'll be saying on arrival,"Keep it tight lads, they like to high press but they aren't fit enough, let's pick em' off second half when they're legs have gone".

The new manager gets my support, i wonder how many of this team will be fit enough for the gegenpress.