+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thinking long term

Thinking long term

I like the signings United have made so far, I hope it continues in this vein of bringing in quality players on a reasonable lentth of contract. Makes me wonder if there is incoming investment from new backers prior to any proposed takeover?

Just saying!

Im not sure about investment, but there does seem to be a whole load of MM backing up what his intentions were when he came in. This all takes time, but the proof of all this work has to start showing when the league starts.

So far so good I'd say. There appears to be a plan instead of desperate, knee-jerk signings that the majority have appeared to be in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    So far so good I'd say. There appears to be a plan instead of desperate, knee-jerk signings that the majority have appeared to be in the last few years.
    Craig Easton's appointment further evidence of this. Succession planning for a future first team manager being put in place. Seen a lot of positives in the last couple of days that bring a bit of long overdue optimism.

For first time in years I am seeing early signs of a structured plan. Not saying it will work but this all appears to be well considered. Something has changed in the club thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    Cheers Logie. Listened to just 25 minutes as have to out, will listen to the rest tomorrow. Have to say it was refreshing and all round thoughts it was coming from a guy who knows what he's on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    Have to say that interview hit the nail on the head for me.
    Players living locally, PRP with great reward for success but little for failure, focus on youth as the lifeblood of the club, huge change to the playing structure of the club and revamping facilities (although slightly sceptical on how we can fund these)
    Have felt cynical of MM taking over as Chairman but got to give him some credit on the work done so far.
    Need the takeover to be sorted and Thompson out of the picture to completely move forward as a club.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)