+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ciftci released by celtic

Cifti would be like a Mohsni signing last year. Would quickly become apparent his quality is above most in this league.

Those wiki stats aren’t that bad. He just needs to start getting a regular game. When he did with us before he was great.

Would be happy if he signed

He was a bit of a loose cannon but better a loose cannon than no cannon at all I say, I say.

I personally think that we became very predictable with our formation and set up over the past couple of seasons, the team is really calling out for someone that can at least mix it up a little bit. I'd imagine that we could get nowhere near his wage demands but I honestly Can't see many clubs with bigger budgets being interested. An opportunity to put himself back into the shop window again. He has had a severage package for this season from Celtic, so he would only be needing to top up his wages . I genuinely think he would make a difference in this league. He is direct, strong and has the confidence to take a shot when others would play an extra couple of passes which is something we ain't great at. Take him on a 2 year deal and agree that he can move on for free at the end of this season if a bigger club is interested. I would much prefer ciftci to someone that couldn't score for Ross county.

Sorry, I'm still in the process of changing my mind cos a) we're the one & only club he has scored goals for, 8 other clubs 87 games & 12 goals, us 68 games & 25 goals and b) I'm now seeing the bounce it would give the club & we may not have the means to bring in any other signing of this stature. In my defence I was totally underwhelmed when Goodie came back & I was right, he was Abraham Lincoln. But this time I'm giving it a go. Ciftci for a shifty back to the prem!!

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Ciftci would bang them in for us. Bring him home. He enjoyed his football here, we enjoyed watching him. A non promotion release clause and a decent wage. What a difference he would make to our team. We need a few players a cut above the rest in this league.
    I'm afraid I don't agree with your assessment. When he was with us before he would frequently take a huff if things were not going his way in games. He would then either get booked for a stupid foul or hooked for not contributing.

Poor attitude was a major problem for us last year. When things are not going our way in games this coming season, I want to see players rolling up their sleeves getting stuck in - and encouraging their team mates to get stuck in - trying to change the game in our favour. No more throwing in the towel like 'away' to Falkirk (and numerous other times) last season.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I personally think that we became very predictable with our formation and set up over the past couple of seasons, the team is really calling out for someone that can at least mix it up a little bit. I'd imagine that we could get nowhere near his wage demands but I honestly Can't see many clubs with bigger budgets being interested. An opportunity to put himself back into the shop window again. He has had a severage package for this season from Celtic, so he would only be needing to top up his wages . I genuinely think he would make a difference in this league. He is direct, strong and has the confidence to take a shot when others would play an extra couple of passes which is something we ain't great at. Take him on a 2 year deal and agree that he can move on for free at the end of this season if a bigger club is interested. I would much prefer ciftci to someone that couldn't score for Ross county.
    That sounds good, weegie. Would love to have him back.

Of course he would walk in to team. No chance he will come. Motherwell will try and get him too. I see hibs rejected 50k bid for murray from motherwell too. So no chance murray will be back either. Wuite glad about that.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I'm afraid I don't agree with your assessment. When he was with us before he would frequently take a huff if things were not going his way in games. He would then either get booked for a stupid foul or hooked for not contributing.

Poor attitude was a major problem for us last year. When things are not going our way in games this coming season, I want to see players rolling up their sleeves getting stuck in - and encouraging their team mates to get stuck in - trying to change the game in our favour. No more throwing in the towel like 'away' to Falkirk (and numerous other times) last season.
    He had that side of him yes but come on it was way more good than bad. You dont get a move to Celtic for nothing.

Hes head and shoulders above anything we have.

I'd take him in a phucking heartbeat but no danger he's coming to us.

I really liked him but if you gave me a choice between Ciftci or Goodie i would go for the cup winner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)