Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 68

Thread: 3 Players

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    It could genuinely be by far the most exciting summer transfer window we can remember if this is true. I can't think of any other time when we've had a good budget and a good manager.

    I wouldn't want us to go too crazy though, and I'm sure we won't. I'd rather see us spread the budget well and make sure we recruit assets with resale value. 3 or 4 for 2-4m and a couple of good loans would be great.

    I wonder what happens with wages though if we sign multi million pound players on 20k p/w or more. Will the rest have their wages bumped up too?
    This isn't a dig at you Herbs or anyone for that matter, but its quite an interesting dilemma, don't you think..? Here we are all saying the club should show ambition by giving him serious money to work with. So now, as it appears he has been given serious funds, we want keep it tight and sustainable...?

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    This isn't a dig at you Herbs or anyone for that matter, but its quite an interesting dilemma, don't you think..? Here we are all saying the club should show ambition by giving him serious money to work with. So now, as it appears he has been given serious funds, we want keep it tight and sustainable...?
    You've got to be responsible. Wilder will be responsible, he's always said so. The last thing you want is the sort of destructive idiotic reckless spending we've seen across the city, with the legendary Jordan Rhodes being the hilarious figurehead. We even have our own scaled down example of this with FLN splashing out on Brayford and f**cking our budget for the next season.

    If you took the financial difference between really 'going for it' and spending but keeping it relatively sensible, in my opinion it wouldn't equate to a significantly better chance of promotion. Spending a lot more could result in only a slightly better chance but then make things more difficult the following season if we failed to get promoted.

    When I look at the sort of players available I really don't think it should be necessary to smash the 20k p/w wage barrier to get promoted. We already have a good team. There are players available within what I'd call a sensible budget who could undoubtedly take us to the next level.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    lol
    It's a serious question I've had some info come thru to me from a m8 who spends quite a bit of time on course he's elaborated a bit more on what you have said

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rovrum
    Posts
    30,321
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    It's a serious question I've had some info come thru to me from a m8 who spends quite a bit of time on course he's elaborated a bit more on what you have said
    don't hold back then B

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    It's a serious question I've had some info come thru to me from a m8 who spends quite a bit of time on course he's elaborated a bit more on what you have said
    Now you must elaborate.

    Same indications about the budget?

  6. #46
    No names given to him as the lad was asked not to say who but the priority positions so wilder already has his targets the top prioririty is keeper

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rovrum
    Posts
    30,321
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    No names given to him as the lad was asked not to say who but the priority positions so wilder already has his targets the top prioririty is keeper
    Keeper and striker for me

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Keeper and striker for me
    Agreed,keeper could be a surprise

  9. #49
    I think the overall budget might have been increased to 20 million

    That means a couple of 1 or 2 million pound players and wages will take care of the rest

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rovrum
    Posts
    30,321
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Agreed,keeper could be a surprise
    Westwood?

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rovrum
    Posts
    30,321
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    I think the overall budget might have been increased to 20 million

    That means a couple of 1 or 2 million pound players and wages will take care of the rest
    Twirlo reckons different

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Twirlo reckons different
    the wage bill is different to transfer kitty. thats why a lot of people think the prince and mcabe dont spent much. someone still as to prop up the wages. me included till it was explained lol

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    It's a serious question I've had some info come thru to me from a m8 who spends quite a bit of time on course he's elaborated a bit more on what you have said
    lees hall golf course

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Twirlo reckons different
    only the info past on by the best man for info lol

  15. #55
    just been told Derby are gonna go after one of the players we are looking at from chelsea. looks like Lamp post is flexing his old lads card lol

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Twirlo reckons different

    Yes, I'm not disputing what twirlo says
    But I just can't see it

    Wilder might have asked for an increased budget to allow him to bring in a couple of better quality players

    But two or three players at 2 - 3
    each and the increase in wages, plus what we've already got, plus new contracts for those we need to keep and that's your new 20 million budget gone

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    You've got to be responsible. Wilder will be responsible, he's always said so. The last thing you want is the sort of destructive idiotic reckless spending we've seen across the city, with the legendary Jordan Rhodes being the hilarious figurehead. We even have our own scaled down example of this with FLN splashing out on Brayford and f**cking our budget for the next season.

    If you took the financial difference between really 'going for it' and spending but keeping it relatively sensible, in my opinion it wouldn't equate to a significantly better chance of promotion. Spending a lot more could result in only a slightly better chance but then make things more difficult the following season if we failed to get promoted.

    When I look at the sort of players available I really don't think it should be necessary to smash the 20k p/w wage barrier to get promoted. We already have a good team. There are players available within what I'd call a sensible budget who could undoubtedly take us to the next level.
    To be fair, I see it pretty much as you, (except Brayford, who most people thought was a great buy until he did his knee and we realised we'd spent the housekeeping on him...(#powerofhindsight) I'm just a bit surprised that the owners have come up with that kind of budget for him. Hope their 'showing ambition' is remembered as long as their feck-ups are..!

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    20M is that reyt?

    No wind up?
    for this seasons transfers

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Yes, I'm not disputing what twirlo says
    But I just can't see it

    Wilder might have asked for an increased budget to allow him to bring in a couple of better quality players

    But two or three players at 2 - 3
    each and the increase in wages, plus what we've already got, plus new contracts for those we need to keep and that's your new 20 million budget gone
    a transfer fund and wages are totally different pal. thats why we hear ,we need to get players of the wage bill. its more an operating cost . the actual buying of players comes from the owners own pocket. and if the occasion arises from brooks sale as well as what the owners put in. so it could in effect be more than 20 mil if brooks go for 10-15 mil
    Last edited by Twirlo70; 10-06-2018 at 02:48 PM.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    just been told Derby are gonna go after one of the players we are looking at from chelsea. looks like Lamp post is flexing his old lads card lol
    That could be Jay Dasilva, the left back. He looked good for England in the Toulon tournament.

    May also be Kasey Palmer, who they had on loan last season.

    Could have done without Lampard getting that job couldn't we...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •