+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 3 Players

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    It's a serious question I've had some info come thru to me from a m8 who spends quite a bit of time on course he's elaborated a bit more on what you have said
    lees hall golf course

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Twirlo reckons different
    only the info past on by the best man for info lol

just been told Derby are gonna go after one of the players we are looking at from chelsea. looks like Lamp post is flexing his old lads card lol

Twirlo reckons different

Yes, I'm not disputing what twirlo says
    But I just can't see it

Wilder might have asked for an increased budget to allow him to bring in a couple of better quality players

But two or three players at £2 - 3
    each and the increase in wages, plus what we've already got, plus new contracts for those we need to keep and that's your new £20 million budget gone

Quote Originally Posted by herbert View Post
    You've got to be responsible. Wilder will be responsible, he's always said so. The last thing you want is the sort of destructive idiotic reckless spending we've seen across the city, with the legendary Jordan Rhodes being the hilarious figurehead. We even have our own scaled down example of this with FLN splashing out on Brayford and f**cking our budget for the next season.

If you took the financial difference between really 'going for it' and spending but keeping it relatively sensible, in my opinion it wouldn't equate to a significantly better chance of promotion. Spending a lot more could result in only a slightly better chance but then make things more difficult the following season if we failed to get promoted.

When I look at the sort of players available I really don't think it should be necessary to smash the 20k p/w wage barrier to get promoted. We already have a good team. There are players available within what I'd call a sensible budget who could undoubtedly take us to the next level.
    To be fair, I see it pretty much as you, (except Brayford, who most people thought was a great buy until he did his knee and we realised we'd spent the housekeeping on him...(#powerofhindsight) I'm just a bit surprised that the owners have come up with that kind of budget for him. Hope their 'showing ambition' is remembered as long as their feck-ups are..!

£20M is that reyt?

No wind up?
    for this seasons transfers

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Yes, I'm not disputing what twirlo says
    But I just can't see it

Wilder might have asked for an increased budget to allow him to bring in a couple of better quality players

But two or three players at £2 - 3
    each and the increase in wages, plus what we've already got, plus new contracts for those we need to keep and that's your new £20 million budget gone
    a transfer fund and wages are totally different pal. thats why we hear ,we need to get players of the wage bill. its more an operating cost . the actual buying of players comes from the owners own pocket. and if the occasion arises from brooks sale as well as what the owners put in. so it could in effect be more than 20 mil if brooks go for 10-15 mil
    Last edited by Twirlo70; 10-06-2018 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    just been told Derby are gonna go after one of the players we are looking at from chelsea. looks like Lamp post is flexing his old lads card lol
    That could be Jay Dasilva, the left back. He looked good for England in the Toulon tournament.

May also be Kasey Palmer, who they had on loan last season.

Could have done without Lampard getting that job couldn't we...

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    May be Palmer but he wasn't played a lot by Rowett and Derby fans didn't rate him. As Derby are the championship club who have instructed agents to look for bids for all their players I don't see them being able to afford big loans fees in the short term. We need to get our business done quick.

Its probably more the influence of Jody Morris thats going to get them loans from Chelsea. Lampard did burn his bridges a little when he turned up at Man City after leaving Chelsea.
    Thought that was Villa who will consider offers for any of their players?

twirlo

On S2 respected poster saying Hogan and Egan mentioned as two players we are chasing

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast