+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Jones Staying

Dan Jones Staying

Good news.

First signing I'm not too bothered about. He has been okay this season but i reckon we could do better at LB.

I think it shows Kevin Nolans plans for a more attack minded approach next season,we will need his overlapping runs to provide ammunition for our new strike partnership.

Very good. Will turn 32 and 33 in those two years. Lets hope they're the best of his career

First match of the season at Brazilentry he was awful but you can't question his quality at the end of the season.
    Some of the crosses he put in were a forwards dream. Glas he's signed. Now come on Mr O'Connor put pen to paper for us.

It's like we've looked at positions where we have two players competing and got rid of the worst, the goalkeeper and both full backs now. On that basis, why is Hawkridge still here? Because he has a contract I suppose. Anyway, it looks like Kellett will play left midfield and Bola won't be coming (I know no-one at the club ever suggested he would).

Seems to me we just need a right winger and a CB now. In case of injury/suspension, Kellett can cover left back, Hewitt right back and Allessandra the second striker position.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It's like we've looked at positions where we have two players competing and got rid of the worst, the goalkeeper and both full backs now. On that basis, why is Hawkridge still here? Because he has a contract I suppose. Anyway, it looks like Kellett will play left midfield and Bola won't be coming (I know no-one at the club ever suggested he would).

Seems to me we just need a right winger and a CB now. In case of injury/suspension, Kellett can cover left back, Hewitt right back and Allessandra the second striker position.
    If O'Connor and Duffy follow Jones in re-signing then I pretty much agree, it would be a lean squad, but it's probably better to invest in a couple of real quality players in those centre-back and right wing positions than spread the money thinly and end up with a bigger squad of lesser calibre.

IMHO we need a proper 4th striker
    Three inc an ageing John Stead isnt enough
    If Dennis or Hemmings get injured we are struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudpie View Post
    IMHO we need a proper 4th striker
    Three inc an ageing John Stead isnt enough
    If Dennis or Hemmings get injured we are struggling.
    Bohinen's counting Alessandra as back-up for both the wing and strike positions, which is fair enough, but I certainly wouldn't be moaning if we recruit a fourth striker with real scorching pace, which is something we missed at times last season. It always gives you on option, even if the player is more a super sub than a first team regular.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast