+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

Disappointed

Today I made a brief visit to the S24 site to locate the goalkeeping thread (re Joe Hart) that Rod had referred to. I came across a thread called ‘Forums from days gone by’.

Bladesmad gets absolutely slated. If Roy was to do a ‘view from’ picking out the posts about us you wouldn’t be pleased. There is only Grayblade and Blade66 with anything good to say about us. Even the mods come in for criticism.

I accept that Foxy and Linzy have done an excellent job and they have far more traffic than us nowadays. After all we are a busted flush full of idiots and bullies according to them.

I’ve often muted the idea of an inter forum quiz. It seems even more of a good idea now so that they can tell us face to face what they think of us.

Their comments are somewhat disappointing and uncalled for - after all we’re all Blades aren’t we?

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Today I made a brief visit to the S24 site to locate the goalkeeping thread (re Joe Hart) that Rod had referred to. I came across a thread called ‘Forums from days gone by’.

Bladesmad gets absolutely slated. If Roy was to do a ‘view from’ picking out the posts about us you wouldn’t be pleased. There is only Grayblade and Blade66 with anything good to say about us. Even the mods come in for criticism.

I accept that Foxy and Linzy have done an excellent job and they have far more traffic than us nowadays. After all we are a busted flush full of idiots and bullies according to them.

I’ve often muted the idea of an inter forum quiz. It seems even more of a good idea now so that they can tell us face to face what they think of us.

Their comments are somewhat disappointing and uncalled for - after all we’re all Blades aren’t we?
    The vast majority of the posts were made in 2013-15 Silent. Somebody has resurrected the thread.

That said, I know a lot of people who tried to get into Bladesmad back in the day and for one reason or another couldn’t. I loved it’s edge personally and still do, but there aren’t enough regular posters now to make it a viable option to S24 for many Blades.

It was the idiotic owners of Footymad network killed off its all forums including BM (almost) their incompetence showed no bounds, and even now as I’ve signed into this site, my iPad displayed the message “This website is not secure” so it’s not getting any better.

Bring on the inter forum quiz,early seventies pop,I bow to no man or woman(anything after 1989 and lm snookered)

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Bring on the inter forum quiz,early seventies pop,I bow to no man or woman(anything after 1989 and lm snookered)
    bollox to em..........once a Bladesmadder.................always a Bladesmadder

Quote Originally Posted by ayamonteblade View Post
    bollox to em..........once a bladesmadder.................always a bladesmadder
    Language Timothy!

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Language Timothy!
    I’m actually appalled Mr G,it’s like hearing the Queen trump,shocks you to the core,Aya swearing

When BladesUnited closed suddenly, I was left homeless, and I looked at S2 and BladesMad. BM looked a bit scary, lairy, and a bit too shall we say, confrontational, so I went on S2. Unfortunately it also coincided with a particularly tough time personally, and as my depression deepened, it became a destructive habit, and I had to give it up. Anyway when I became reasonably well again, and I looked at both forums again, I found that BM had changed completely. I see this now as the 'House of Lords' to the rough and tumble of the Commons. There are a few fall outs but generally its sensible and measured and we all try to debate the issues without a lot of ungentlemanly conduct. I read S2, very much enjoy some of the posters, but so long as my ad blocker is turned on, I'm happy here.

I appreciate that it is a case of long time no see from the editor of this website. I can only apologies for my lack of absence but the last 18 months or so has been very difficult for me too. I know have a 10 month old baby Bladette and my partner went through a difficult pregnancy. With all this I barely had time to update the main website let alone the Message Board.

At times I have contemplated quiting the site and either gibing up something which I love (writing about United) or setting up an Independent site. Other than family life some of this decision is also due to the network which has seen other editors leave (most recently Derby). I too have been approached by other sites.

Needless to say I have decided to remain as editor of Blades-Mad. I started doing this in 2002 and at the moment do not intend to give it up.

As for S24SU. It's a forum and not a website. They might occasionally report Academy news but they barely feature first team information and they too have adverts on there site when (as an independent site) its not necessary.

I too miss the golden age of Blades-Mad where this board had hundreds of posts a day but times have changed. The boards have improved since they changed over to the vbulletin boards but it lacks the interest it once had.

It's fantastic that the old guard are still around and enjoy posting on this site. I should do more to promote it but if anyone has any ideas then please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    No. We hate each other. United in name only.

Any comments about the old mods are probably justified though. Especially f**cking 'Gizmo'.

I think herbert has it right.

Most of the slagging was tongue in cheek by ex blades madders anyway, who left because of the reasons Gray gives.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast