+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where we’ll finish next season....

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Relegated
    You've been wrong before Pete, hopefully you're wrong next season.
    An optimistic 21st and doubt we will be out of the bottom 10 all season.
    Feel free to prove me wrong and someone remind me I was completely wrong at the end of next season.
    We should surprise one or two teams and may get totally outclassed and outplayed by others.
    Time for Paul Warne to show some man management skills and try to keep confidence as high as possible when results start to go against us.
    Time for a little patience from supporters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Feel free to prove me wrong and someone remind me I was completely wrong at the end of next season.
    We should surprise one or two teams and may get totally outclassed and outplayed by others.
    Time for Paul Warne to show some man management skills and try to keep confidence as high as possible when results start to go against us.
    I think Paul Warne has already shown plenty of man management skills, in fact I will go as far as to say that's probably his greatest strength. I agree he'll probably need to excel in that area next season though.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Don't get me wrong Casper, I will love it if we finish 21st but I just don't see it. I predicted 13th last season and was way off it. No matter what Warney earned his stripes for me and I shall not criticize him again. Good L1 manager and now proven. Championship will be so different and he will be competing with the same enthusiasm I'm sure. Unfortunately, that won't be enough in this league. Says me who was so wrong last year. Hope I'm wrong again.

The thing that bothers me, is that the folk on here who predict high league placings, are the first to rant when it doesnt work out how they wanted.
    We will be , by far the smallest club next season. It will require a minor miracle to stay up, and we used one of those up last season. I'm not going to outright predict relegation, but it will be incredibly tough.

So difficult to predict. Think we will have a different mind set this season and should start with a reasonably settled side. How we start might be important to our long term position. We have tended to start very slow which doesnt help confidence. Don't think we need big money signings but we need key signings in the right areas. Can Wartne come up trumps again like he did with Towell, Rodak, Emmanuel, Moore. Smith. If he can we will have a decent chance. I think that warne is no duffer and will have learnt a lot from the time he was in this division with us last time. Will he be able to correct the problems we had last time. We shall see. He surprised us last season maybe he can do it this season as well. It wont be for the want of trying. Good luck Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    The thing that bothers me, is that the folk on here who predict high league placings, are the first to rant when it doesnt work out how they wanted.
    We will be , by far the smallest club next season. It will require a minor miracle to stay up, and we used one of those up last season. I'm not going to outright predict relegation, but it will be incredibly tough.

Yes I’m still pissed off we didn’t get autos which I predicted for L1 so you can be sure I’ll be asking for his head if we finish less than 8th

Yes it will be tough it’s the championship, I don’t think it will be a miracle that’s keeps us up. I can’t guess because I don’t know who we will get in.

However I do wish to point out although we are a small club there are clubs in championship who are in huge debt and will have to sell the odd player to stop banks crawling up their ass. Then there’s clubs like stoke who have a ageing squad with no stamina. Just saying it won’t be a miracle that keeps us up it will be other clubs failings that will

Not true Jock.

I will be very happy to be proved wrong. Please do it Paul.

Too early to tell really, but I'm hoping for 18th.

PW needs to keep signing the 'right' sort of player who will contribute as part of a whole squad - the Ronnie approach.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast