+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Where we’ll finish next season....

All the best mate, that would be good

Sorry for the misunderstanding Pete. The proximity to Elland road makes sense Like I said I think a lot of long standing millers fans took the last relegation season hard it was desperately poor fayre and turning up at NYS every other week just hoping we could keep losses down wasnt pleasant. As a season ticket holder I didnt have much choice but to go. If I hadnt I think I would still have gone but there were many times when I had to psyche myself up and get out of the door and off to nys even with a season ticket and only living a few miles away. Stick with em though this season not saying we will stay up but Warne has them playing with some passion and the link between the team and the fans severed by Stubbsys antics has now been repaired. I think you will find the direction has been found again.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 11-06-2018 at 08:29 PM.

No problem and I hope so Roly. I have lots of very loyal Millers mates who are equally as optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    You know what. I'll spend me money as I see fit and I'll continue to watch both clubs and buy STs for both clubs, as I see fit. Stopped watching the Millers away from home because of the thrashings we constantly got in Champs, didn't want to watch L1 standard football with away fans, some of whom were let's say less than human. Didn't like where the club was heading.

I have bought myself choice and that is exactly what money buys you. I will pick and chose the games I go to next season as well. Is that ok? Because I exercise choice it seems I no longer can voice an opinion on the Millers, even though I have had STs longer than most on here I suspect. My father played for RUFC so I am always gonna look out for them aren't I?

Hope nobody has a secret team on telly they like watching.

I openly admitted I got things wrong with Warney etc but Archie, Wrinkly and co coming on here saying I no longer am worthy is a joke.

Roly you are a very decent poster but your opinion differs from mine and the reason it was Leeds is because I live only 30 minutes away. Nothing more serious than that. Why would I travel all the way to Manchester. Sorry you miss my point. I support Leeds coz it's local. I travel 1 hour 15 minutes for every RUFC home game. It's just me wanting to fill my Saturdays with football and exercising choice.

It's like folk saying they hate the Owls or the Blades or the Dingles. It doesn't make much sense to me. I will continue to go to Leeds and RUFC for as long as it suits me. When it doesn't I will find something else to do. If that's alright with some.

To have a go at me is plain daft. Things have moved on a bit since kids got a strappin for being cheeky. Some so called adults on here should do the same.
    "No offence mate but " some of whom were lets say less than human"..and then you go to watch ...???

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    "No offence mate but " some of whom were lets say less than human"..and then you go to watch ...???
    I’ll give you that one for sure!

Once again the thread shows the polarisation of us Millers fans, which of course is normal. We are all speaking from an early close season point of view. No-one has been signed yet so its far too early to fully evaluate our chances.Some of us are still euphoric and others are looking at two seasons ago and cannot see how we can improve in such a short space of time.

I think we should not forget just how amazing the turnaround has been last season and that we now have a team who are playing for the management team and the club. There is also a, in my mind wrong, opinion that we don't have players skilful enough for the Championship. Newell, Williams, Towell (if he returns), Ajayi have enough skill to compete at this level.

I went for 12th position and maybe that is far too optimistic, but I was saying before we went up we would be okay if we made it to the championship. Look at the teams in that division. They are not all world beaters and we can and will take points off most of them over two games Maybe 1, perhaps 2, Probably 3, hopefully 4 and yes there will be a couple of 6 pointers.

We shouldn't wish our lives away, but the season cannot start soon enough for me.

17th.

Stop being an arse
    just testing

You know what. I'll spend me money as I see fit and I'll continue to watch both clubs and buy STs for both clubs, as I see fit. Stopped watching the Millers away from home because of the thrashings we constantly got in Champs, didn't want to watch L1 standard football with away fans, some of whom were let's say less than human. Didn't like where the club was heading.

I have bought myself choice and that is exactly what money buys you. I will pick and chose the games I go to next season as well. Is that ok? Because I exercise choice it seems I no longer can voice an opinion on the Millers, even though I have had STs longer than most on here I suspect. My father played for RUFC so I am always gonna look out for them aren't I?

Hope nobody has a secret team on telly they like watching.

I openly admitted I got things wrong with Warney etc but Archie, Wrinkly and co coming on here saying I no longer am worthy is a joke.

Roly you are a very decent poster but your opinion differs from mine and the reason it was Leeds is because I live only 30 minutes away. Nothing more serious than that. Why would I travel all the way to Manchester. Sorry you miss my point. I support Leeds coz it's local. I travel 1 hour 15 minutes for every RUFC home game. It's just me wanting to fill my Saturdays with football and exercising choice.

It's like folk saying they hate the Owls or the Blades or the Dingles. It doesn't make much sense to me. I will continue to go to Leeds and RUFC for as long as it suits me. When it doesn't I will find something else to do. If that's alright with some.

To have a go at me is plain daft. Things have moved on a bit since kids got a strappin for being cheeky. Some so called adults on here should do the same.
    TBH PW i dont give a cows fanny (to put it politely) who you decide to watch thats your decision, but please refrain from coming on MM and pulling my club to pieces like you have done in the past, ive read some of your posts over the years and worked it out you have been watching RUFC as long has ive been supporting them 55+yrs, what i couldnt understand was why has it took you so long to"throw the towell in". why not in 67/68 73/74 or 83/84 88/89 just to name a few, or was that really before your time.?? I would say PW that 90% of posters on MM already know that RUFC are a small town football club that are never going to spend multi-millions on players etc so please dont try to convince the rest THANK YOU, Thats how we like it and next season we will once again be rubbing shoulders with the so called BEST. Dont know if you have ever heard the phrase " Born to be a Miller" or "Once a Miller always a Miller" its in my blood like a lot more on here. Not being disrespectful Pete but if your dear old dad had been a better footballer he might have played for SWFC and we most likely would not be having this conversation. U.T.F.M.

I hope just before the season starts that Frogster will put a poll up in sticky again for voting

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast