+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Last year I was only worried about ICT and maybe Falkirk

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I wouldn't be having coffee with him for two reasons; I don't drink coffee 🙂 and, more importantly, I don't know the guy.
    you are a pedantic so and do Terry no coffee and no alcohol! Thank god for the crack mate eh

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Not sacking Macnamara sooner was a bigger fkn up than any of Thompson's other failings, even Mixu's appointment.

In HINDSIGHT Mixu was a bad appointment but there wasn't too many folk I know against it at the time.
    I wanted Jmac gone after cup final. Still stick by that. I was totally against Mixu 100%. But the stats that i got on here from everyone i thought ok. After his 2nd interview i knew he didnt know how to manage the situation. He was an embarrasement.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I wouldn't be having coffee with him for two reasons; I don't drink coffee 🙂 and, more importantly, I don't know the guy.
    But if you were on the board of the FED or more likely in your case Arabtrust you would know him and back his regime,that's the difference between us,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    I wanted Jmac gone after cup final. Still stick by that. I was totally against Mixu 100%. But the stats that i got on here from everyone i thought ok. After his 2nd interview i knew he didnt know how to manage the situation. He was an embarrasement.
    Would be very interesting to see the old thread that ran after Jackie was sacked - as to who wanted who. Wonder if anyone can find it and bump it just for a laugh?

After the cup final 😄 maybe a bit harsh. I blame the goalie and our so called superstars (the Tim 2 ) for being absolutely 5hite on the day and not the manager for that one I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    But if you were on the board of the FED or more likely in your case Arabtrust you would know him and back his regime,that's the difference between us,FACT.
    how so? ive met him loads - nice guy. Didnt want him anywhere near running the club though as you say Sts puppet. Now I am prepared to give him a chance. He sounds genuine

Which is bizarre and shows we have loonies in our support that maybe deserve what we have now, jmac molded the team that played so well in 13/14 and got us to the final (he put gauld and souttar in to the 12/13 so final with Celtic and we lost 4-3 aet and signed a few of the players), can't legislate for Dows chance hitting the inside of the post and then rados fk up right before half time to give them the opener, then ciftis fk off the underside of bar not going in off the keeper

Then the 14/15 season (after the sales of Gauld/A-Rob) by the end of January we were having our best league season since 1987 and 3rd best of all time after 1983 and 1987 plus had just beaten Aberdeen to reach another final AND had made it 4 wins and a draw under jmac in derbies including 4-1 at dens at 6-2 at Tannadice before the heart was ripped out of the team and club after the sales (lost GMS, Armstrong and both full backs in townsend and watson that month)

Where we got it wrong was the summer window, on top of losing those 4 in January, we lost fojut, butcher, rado, cifti, the team had been decimated and mcnamara fkd up with the replacements abs then not appointing a better manager than Jackie, we'd have honestly been better sticking with him if mixu was the alternative, I said so at the time

Anyway thats the facts, it's all irrelevant now, what's done is done, it's the now and going forward that is important, I really hope I'm wrong with my feeling about sticking any Csaba being a big mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    After the cup final �� maybe a bit harsh. I blame the goalie and our so called superstars (the Tim 2 ) for being absolutely 5hite on the day and not the manager for that one I'm afraid.

Gomis, tactics, formation, goalie (yup) and a complete plan a or plan a - St Js bossed us all season and we never learnt - sorry stick by that still! he was unravelling with one of the best squad of players since 1980s. All aboot opinions

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Which is bizarre and shows we have loonies in our support that maybe deserve what we have now, jmac molded the team that played so well in 13/14 and got us to the final (he put gauld and souttar in to the 12/13 so final with Celtic and we lost 4-3 aet and signed a few of the players), can't legislate for Dows chance hitting the inside of the post and then rados fk up right before half time to give them the opener, then ciftis fk off the underside of bar not going in off the keeper

Then the 14/15 season (after the sales of Gauld/A-Rob) by the end of January we were having our best league season since 1987 and 3rd best of all time after 1983 and 1987 plus had just beaten Aberdeen to reach another final AND had made it 4 wins and a draw under jmac in derbies including 4-1 at dens at 6-2 at Tannadice before the heart was ripped out of the team and club after the sales (lost GMS, Armstrong and both full backs in townsend and watson that month)

Where we got it wrong was the summer window, on top of losing those 4 in January, we lost fojut, butcher, rado, cifti, the team had been decimated and mcnamara fkd up with the replacements abs then not appointing a better manager than Jackie, we'd have honestly been better sticking with him if mixu was the alternative, I said so at the time

Anyway thats the facts, it's all irrelevant now, what's done is done, it's the now and going forward that is important, I really hope I'm wrong with my feeling about sticking any Csaba being a big mistake
    excellent you managed to insult half this board - lol

excellent you managed to insult half this board - lol
    Well maybe you should just agree with everything he says then yi Funster😂

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)