Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last year I was only worried about ICT and maybe Falkirk

Last year I was only worried about ICT and maybe Falkirk

This season however I am worried about......

ICT, Ross County and Partick Thistle and maybe Falkirk and Dunfermline.

Do you think Ray's Morton will finish above us.

Ayr United maybe too.

I am confident we will finish above Alloa.

Not sure about QoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    This season however I am worried about......

ICT, Ross County and Partick Thistle and maybe Falkirk and Dunfermline.

Do you think Ray's Morton will finish above us.

Ayr United maybe too.

I am confident we will finish above Alloa.

Not sure about QoS.

Behave Jim_Jam!
    You've got us 9th for heaven's sake!
    I'm confident we can make top eight.

I think it will be a close league this year but the teams you mentioned are nothing to fear.

We need to establish a winning mentality early in the season. Look at St Mirren and how many games they won by a single goal, or came from behind to win. That mentality and desire is what we will need this year as there will be a lot of close games.

County have money. They will get most of the players they want, summer & January.

Partick are ‘starting over’ and I don’t think they’ll be top 2/3.
    Dunfermline are losing key players.
    Falkirk have Hartley.

Inverness will fancy it, no doubt.

All these sides will take points off each other & it will be tight. Our thing will be taking 3 points on the road against the top 4.

4 trips to the Highlands, that’s 12 points that will decide who’s up there.

Alloa sterner opposition than Brechin?
    But Ayr Utd unlikely to be our Dumbarton (bogey team)?
    I'll go with -
    United
    Thistle
    County
    ICT
    Dunfermline
    Morton
    Falkirk
    QotS
    Ayr Utd
    Alloa
    winning at home could be the key which will involve the fans, no pressure lads, Fortress Tannadice 2018/19.

I do think the division is stronger next season

I’d put main rivals as Ross Co, ICT, Partick, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Morton in that order

The division will be very competitive this season, there really will be no easy games.
    However all the teams play a similar battling style relying on the basics of long balls, plenty of crosses, hard tackling, energy and workrate.
    If we match up to it (for once) we have a good chance of winning the league imo.

3 recent ex-Prem teams - Partick, Ross Co, ICT
    3 C'ship stalwarts - Pars, Falkirk, Morton
    3 'easier' opposition - Alloa, Ayr, QotS tho that's a wee bit unkind on the latter but trying to pigeon hole them in threes.

Dunno why your worried about dunfermline, they've hardly got a team, we'll finish 11th 🙂

Making the play offs with the current owner,his monkey and Shabba would be a major achievement.It really is time for the fans to take matters into their own hands but for reason's unknown to me the majority continue to back a dead duck.I do understand people showing loyalty to the club but in my opinion backing the people i have named above could have dire consequences for the future of DUFC.

After last season and the tombola team selections we have proved that we are capable of dropping points to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Making the play offs with the current owner,his monkey and Shabba would be a major achievement.It really is time for the fans to take matters into their own hands but for reason's unknown to me the majority continue to back a dead duck.I do understand people showing loyalty to the club but in my opinion backing the people i have named above could have dire consequences for the future of DUFC.
    Folk think differently, that's life.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It really is time for the fans to take matters into their own hands but for reason's unknown to me the majority continue to back a dead duck.I do understand people showing loyalty to the club but in my opinion backing the people i have named above could have dire consequences for the future of DUFC.
    Serious Questions for you...

1) What do you propose the fans do to "Take matters into their own hands"
    2) What are you personally doing to protest the current regime
    3) Do you not feel that a boycott of Season Tickets would have an even more detrimental effect to the future of DUFC?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    Serious Questions for you...

1) What do you propose the fans do to "Take matters into their own hands"
    2) What are you personally doing to protest the current regime
    3) Do you not feel that a boycott of Season Tickets would have an even more detrimental effect to the future of DUFC?
    I will attempt to answer your question's one by one.

1 There should have been mass protest's outside the main entrance of Tannadice as far back as the Tim two sales,this should have been organised by the groups who are supposed to be representing the fans,a mass walk out on the 31st minute should have been arranged to remind Thompson of the day he ruined the club.
    The Thompson's should have been told that appointing Mixu would be a disaster and fans groups would urge their member's not to renew season tickets if he was appointed.When the fans reps became aware that that Jackie and his mates were being incentivised by player sales another boycott of future revenue should have delivered to Thompson unless he ripped up the contract's.

2 I am doing the only thing i can do by not renewing my season ticket as long as Thompson,his monkey and Shabba are still running my club.

3 If we had boycotted season ticket sales when i first asked for it to be done i firmly believe we would have been shot of Thompson by now and the monkey and Shabba would never have been in key position's at Tannadice,Stuart McCall would also have had us promoted by now but he never fancied the job of working under Thompson.

4 As a footnote can i just add that if Hibs,Hearts or Aberdeen fans had witnessed their club falling from top of the league and being in cup finals to relegation in the space of 18 months they would have driven out their owner,CEO,BOD and manager of that there is no doubt.I do not understand why we have put up with the disaster that has befallen our club and still back the people responsible for it,FACT.

But the only time you've boycotted buying a season ticket is for the forthcoming season?

Yes it looks like it could be a tougher league but none of the teams listed 'worry' me, never will either, they all play each other and will hurt each other, we just need to be consistent and improve the away form

The only thing that worries me is the manager, until such time as he makes me forget his poor game management that cost us the playoff with livi, which will take a fair turn around in performance from him

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    But the only time you've boycotted buying a season ticket is for the forthcoming season?
    You ken fine the answer to that is yes but the point i am making is although its a fact that Thompson has wrecked the club we the fans and even more so the reps are all culpable for supporting the Thompson regime,if i was in a position of power on the FED or the Arab Trust i firmly believe Stephen Thompson would have been driven out by now,if it was you in that position there is every chance both of you would be having a coffee tomorrow in Nero's.

The guy in charge of the FED at one time was given a hard time on here for his text messages to Thompson,if he had been backed Thompson would have been long gone by now but unfortunately too FN many fans of DUFC bowed down to the worst ever chairman in the history of the club.FACT.

Not sacking Macnamara sooner was a bigger fkn up than any of Thompson's other failings, even Mixu's appointment.

In HINDSIGHT Mixu was a bad appointment but there wasn't too many folk I know against it at the time.

I wouldn't be having coffee with him for two reasons; I don't drink coffee 🙂 and, more importantly, I don't know the guy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast