+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Last year I was only worried about ICT and maybe Falkirk

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    He built it, he done that, after doing it at thistle

The facts are above in my posts

Happy to debate this as don't like revisionism and nonsense, some of our fans just get a bit bitter about people, the same ones disgracefully turned on Houston too
    What did you think of the Pepesque multiple changes in Perth by Macnamara then? You remember that ain,lol.

A fkn imbecile.

I thought it was arrogant/naive and it backfired, young manager in his second job trying to keep players fresh for the home game with the sheep after very busy schedule, ohhh wait was he expected to be faultless LOL, honestly it's attitudes like that which made me say then we will get the team we deserve and it happened, ffs we had just witnessed a couple months of the best attacking football seen by a team not named Celtic in Scottish football for many years scoring 4-5 most games (with only a last min golden preventing a win at Celtic Park during that run) leading upto that and all you can do is cast that up, fkn pathetic so it is

I thought it was arrogant/naive and it backfired, young manager in his second job trying to keep players fresh for the home game with the sheep after very busy schedule, ohhh wait was he expected to be faultless LOL, honestly it's attitudes like that which made me say then we will get the team we deserve and it happened, ffs we had just witnessed a couple months of the best attacking football seen by a team not named Celtic in Scottish football for many years scoring 4-5 most games (with only a last min golden preventing a win at Celtic Park during that run) leading upto that and all you can do is cast that up, fkn pathetic so it is
    Wonder if York City have a Minstermenka....he'd have some job glossing over JM's greatness🤣🤣

Sorry I don't agree with you on Macnamara so I'm off over to Funmad to join the other four posters over there......the Funster that I am🤨

He built it, he done that, after doing it at thistle

The facts are above in my posts

Happy to debate this as don't like revisionism and nonsense, some of our fans just get a bit bitter about people, the same ones disgracefully turned on Houston too
    There were the stories about Pedro shacking up with his burd fae Douglas as the players played Badminton instead of football training,to be honest though as i always am, we were unanimous in backing Thompson over Houston at their final press conference when the latter worried about the budget and the former lied about us being competitive in the league.
    I have always regretted backing Thompson in that spat as Houston in the end was proven to be correct,it was also the first of many many many lies told by the owner,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I was not on about 12/13 mate i am referring to the summer when Jackie decided that 3 shyte goalies could fight for the number 1 shirt and we brought in Donaldson and Durnan,mind the Derby at Tannadice? ,cruising with 2 goals from Spittal then the keeper phucked up right at the end to gift them a draw,that was the beginning of the end for us.
    GB I totally agree that that Dundee match was the turning point.

We were playing great that night.

The passing was great. All over the very poor fun as usual.

We were absolutely flying with spittal scoring two great goals. All was well.

The 2-1 made it a bit edgy. The young lads unnecessarily tried to waste time when it wasn’t needed.

In the last moments Charlie Telfer actually falls over the ball. The fun getting it back when otherwise it is full time.

A shot goes in. Any decent keeper should save it. Zwick knocks it out straight in front. It’s right we were playing without a proper goalkeeper that season. After that Zwick error the fun centre half barges in to equalise.

It was undeserved from fun point of view but it knocked stuffing out of us. We had other unlucky results around that time like losing at home to killie when they were sh*** and we should have won by 2 or 3.

Jackie was not the messiah but he was better than Mixu. We weren’t bottom when he left and that squad was nowhere near the worst in division. Problem was whenever we turned a corner under tombola Mixu we then feel apart again. He was an awful manager who ruined our chances.

I do genuinely believe that 2-2 was a sliding doors moment.

If Telfer hadn’t fallen over the ball or Zwick made his error we would not be where we are now

To be honest i have been privileged to watch the best ever United teams win trophies at Dens,Hampden and run riot all over europe,Monaco,Eindhoven and the Camp Nou spring to mind but Shedka is correct that some of the best football i have had the good fortune to watch Dundee United playing this century was whilst McNamara was the manager,FACT.

That’s a big statement.

We had a great team then.

One man 🙈 ST I hold responsible for destroying that great legacy

Let’s hope the good times return soon. I doubt it will be under csaba as he’s useless but I feel in next 2 or 3 years we can be back again competing at top as we should be

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Wonder if York City have a Minstermenka....he'd have some job glossing over JM's greatness🤣🤣

Sorry I don't agree with you on Macnamara so I'm off over to Funmad to join the other four posters over there......the Funster that I am🤨

York has nothing to do with it

You may be wrong on this but you aren't a funster, still think ftd is

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    To be honest i have been privileged to watch the best ever United teams win trophies at Dens,Hampden and run riot all over europe,Monaco,Eindhoven and the Camp Nou spring to mind but Shedka is correct that some of the best football i have had the good fortune to watch Dundee United playing this century was whilst McNamara was the manager,FACT.
    Yup , then when the players started to go he didn't have a clue what to do and we're still picking up the pieces.

The thing is,when it comes to football, fans always demand the managers head when it all goes wrong,the players and the owner get off lightly in comparison,when Thompson was wandering the country with Jackie's dismissal letter in his pocket we in the main agreed with his decision but it was the chairman in OZ trying to buy another club who sanctioned the Tim Two sales,yes Jackie and his mates were partying in ST Andrews but our absent chairman allowed it all to happen.
    There were posters at the time myself included who pointed out that there was zero discipline at the club with Thompson fannying aboot on the other side of the world but he as usual was given a free pass by the majority of the support.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)