+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Last year I was only worried about ICT and maybe Falkirk

Making the play offs with the current owner,his monkey and Shabba would be a major achievement.It really is time for the fans to take matters into their own hands but for reason's unknown to me the majority continue to back a dead duck.I do understand people showing loyalty to the club but in my opinion backing the people i have named above could have dire consequences for the future of DUFC.

After last season and the tombola team selections we have proved that we are capable of dropping points to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Making the play offs with the current owner,his monkey and Shabba would be a major achievement.It really is time for the fans to take matters into their own hands but for reason's unknown to me the majority continue to back a dead duck.I do understand people showing loyalty to the club but in my opinion backing the people i have named above could have dire consequences for the future of DUFC.
    Folk think differently, that's life.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    It really is time for the fans to take matters into their own hands but for reason's unknown to me the majority continue to back a dead duck.I do understand people showing loyalty to the club but in my opinion backing the people i have named above could have dire consequences for the future of DUFC.
    Serious Questions for you...

1) What do you propose the fans do to "Take matters into their own hands"
    2) What are you personally doing to protest the current regime
    3) Do you not feel that a boycott of Season Tickets would have an even more detrimental effect to the future of DUFC?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    Serious Questions for you...

1) What do you propose the fans do to "Take matters into their own hands"
    2) What are you personally doing to protest the current regime
    3) Do you not feel that a boycott of Season Tickets would have an even more detrimental effect to the future of DUFC?
    I will attempt to answer your question's one by one.

1 There should have been mass protest's outside the main entrance of Tannadice as far back as the Tim two sales,this should have been organised by the groups who are supposed to be representing the fans,a mass walk out on the 31st minute should have been arranged to remind Thompson of the day he ruined the club.
    The Thompson's should have been told that appointing Mixu would be a disaster and fans groups would urge their member's not to renew season tickets if he was appointed.When the fans reps became aware that that Jackie and his mates were being incentivised by player sales another boycott of future revenue should have delivered to Thompson unless he ripped up the contract's.

2 I am doing the only thing i can do by not renewing my season ticket as long as Thompson,his monkey and Shabba are still running my club.

3 If we had boycotted season ticket sales when i first asked for it to be done i firmly believe we would have been shot of Thompson by now and the monkey and Shabba would never have been in key position's at Tannadice,Stuart McCall would also have had us promoted by now but he never fancied the job of working under Thompson.

4 As a footnote can i just add that if Hibs,Hearts or Aberdeen fans had witnessed their club falling from top of the league and being in cup finals to relegation in the space of 18 months they would have driven out their owner,CEO,BOD and manager of that there is no doubt.I do not understand why we have put up with the disaster that has befallen our club and still back the people responsible for it,FACT.

But the only time you've boycotted buying a season ticket is for the forthcoming season?

Yes it looks like it could be a tougher league but none of the teams listed 'worry' me, never will either, they all play each other and will hurt each other, we just need to be consistent and improve the away form

The only thing that worries me is the manager, until such time as he makes me forget his poor game management that cost us the playoff with livi, which will take a fair turn around in performance from him

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    But the only time you've boycotted buying a season ticket is for the forthcoming season?
    You ken fine the answer to that is yes but the point i am making is although its a fact that Thompson has wrecked the club we the fans and even more so the reps are all culpable for supporting the Thompson regime,if i was in a position of power on the FED or the Arab Trust i firmly believe Stephen Thompson would have been driven out by now,if it was you in that position there is every chance both of you would be having a coffee tomorrow in Nero's.

The guy in charge of the FED at one time was given a hard time on here for his text messages to Thompson,if he had been backed Thompson would have been long gone by now but unfortunately too FN many fans of DUFC bowed down to the worst ever chairman in the history of the club.FACT.

Not sacking Macnamara sooner was a bigger fkn up than any of Thompson's other failings, even Mixu's appointment.

In HINDSIGHT Mixu was a bad appointment but there wasn't too many folk I know against it at the time.

I wouldn't be having coffee with him for two reasons; I don't drink coffee 🙂 and, more importantly, I don't know the guy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)