+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T: A Memoir

O/T: A Memoir

In recent posts I've mentioned a bit about my past and hinted at the publication of a memoir. This is now a reality and the book is on the market in paperback and Kindle form.

It's basically a collection of stories pulled from my 40 years as a corporate nomad living and working around the world mixed in with a bit of navigation around my slightly unusual Anglo-German family background. It's not a great literary masterpiece but people have told me they enjoyed it. (One mentioned that each story is a good length for his daily visit to the bathroom...)

I mention it on here because I've knocked around this board for many years (even though I'm not the most prolific of posters) and several of the stories are centered on my family life in the Rotherham area. One of them has a significant tie in with the Millers. I did check with the mods and they were OK with me doing this post. It borders on advertising, I know, but it's a very gentle pitch!

I'm not going to open myself up to the dangers of public scrutiny by giving full disclosure here but, if your interested in reading more, please do Private Message me through MM and I'll let you have details. (Frog and CAM will also be able to hook us up if you contact them.)

Many thanks.

I’ve just started reading this book and can tell already that it’s going to be a very good read indeed. To say that the author has led a varied and interesting life is an understatement for sure.

Good luck with it CT.

Nice one CT. Best of luck with it pal.

Good luck CT. I think my Fathers Day present might not be socks this year

Well done CT , Obviously Hawthorne CA will get a mention or it will only make a lower shelf in my library

Thanks, all, for such positive comments and for the purchases. Sota, especially, that was appreciated. Raging I hope you made the link. CAM and Frog - thanks, guys. Lincs, sadly no Beach Boys mention this time. I'll keep it in mind for volume 2!

I'm writing this from a motel in Kingman AZ on Route 66. More adventures...

Good Luck CT.
    I will get in touch when I come back off holiday.

Look forward to a good read, even if it's just sat on the toilet for half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Good Luck CT.
    I will get in touch when I come back off holiday.

Look forward to a good read, even if it's just sat on the toilet for half an hour.

Hey Casper, you need more roughage, half hour is waaaaaaaay too long,
    ps. No need to wait whilst your back off hols, Cleethorpes now have internet, ( only dial up at the moment). Failing that , the public phone has now been repaired and moved to the indoor market for security reasons .

Name:  cleethorpes-11.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  83.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Hey Casper, you need more roughage, half hour is waaaaaaaay too long,
    ps. No need to wait whilst your back off hols, Cleethorpes now have internet, ( only dial up at the moment). Failing that , the public phone has now been repaired and moved to the indoor market for security reasons .

Name:  cleethorpes-11.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  83.7 KB
    Maybe it's all the ' crap ' I write on here that's making me extra constipated.
    Nothing wrong with Cleethorpes, spend five minutes there as we pass through on our way to Mablethorpe.

Looking forward to reading CT's book, especially the ' juicy ' bits when he had a massage in Hong Kong 🇭🇰 .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast