+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T: A Memoir

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Maybe it's all the ' crap ' I write on here that's making me extra constipated.
    Nothing wrong with Cleethorpes, spend five minutes there as we pass through on our way to Mablethorpe.

Looking forward to reading CT's book, especially the ' juicy ' bits when he had a massage in Hong Kong ���� .
    Ah, you know me too well, C64F. Actually there's a possible story for volume 2 which includes an Indonesian lady who showed me her "bits" on a river bank in Jakarta followed by a visit to a very rough brothel in the city but Mrs CT does the editing so it may not make it...

Thanks for the sentiments, anyway, and do PM me when you get back...

Sounds interesting. Is there a bit on your time in HK? Whats the title? Is it available from Amazon ?

Wan Chai, I also had some memorable times in HK. Returning there after one long stint in Kunming, it took me a while to realise that I was actually eating with a knife and fork again lol

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Sounds interesting. Is there a bit on your time in HK? Whats the title? Is it available from Amazon ?
    Yep but you need to contact him through the Notification icon top right of the MM page.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Hong Kong comes into one story when I'm struggling to get out of China. In terms of Asia generally, there are several stories set in Singapore, two in China and one each in Vietnam, Malaysia, Burma and Indonesia.

As Frog mentions look for the Private Message button on here. You need to be logged in to see it, I think. I'm a bit loath to go too public with my name. You can also reach me via CAM or Frog.

Again, many thanks to those who've been in touch. I'm really pleased with the response.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Hong Kong comes into one story when I'm struggling to get out of China. In terms of Asia generally, there are several stories set in Singapore, two in China and one each in Vietnam, Malaysia, Burma and Indonesia.

As Frog mentions look for the Private Message button on here. You need to be logged in to see it, I think. I'm a bit loath to go too public with my name. You can also reach me via CAM or Frog.

Again, many thanks to those who've been in touch. I'm really pleased with the response.
    I'm out of the loop for a couple of weeks so go direct or CAM please.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    In recent posts I've mentioned a bit about my past and hinted at the publication of a memoir. This is now a reality and the book is on the market in paperback and Kindle form.

It's basically a collection of stories pulled from my 40 years as a corporate nomad living and working around the world mixed in with a bit of navigation around my slightly unusual Anglo-German family background. It's not a great literary masterpiece but people have told me they enjoyed it. (One mentioned that each story is a good length for his daily visit to the bathroom...)

I mention it on here because I've knocked around this board for many years (even though I'm not the most prolific of posters) and several of the stories are centered on my family life in the Rotherham area. One of them has a significant tie in with the Millers. I did check with the mods and they were OK with me doing this post. It borders on advertising, I know, but it's a very gentle pitch!

I'm not going to open myself up to the dangers of public scrutiny by giving full disclosure here but, if your interested in reading more, please do Private Message me through MM and I'll let you have details. (Frog and CAM will also be able to hook us up if you contact them.)

Many thanks.
    Hope this is OK but I'm just going to give my post one bump and then I'll let it go.

Thank you all for your interest so far - especially those who have asked for details and placed orders.

There are two chapters - one pretty long - that deal directly with my family's Rotherham years and another couple that have strong Rotherham references. The focus is on the Wickersley/Bramley area. One chapter has events at RUFC as part of the background.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12