+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best player to have graced NYS

Read the Post title & immediately thought of Davids

Seems I was not alone !

Edgar Davids for me too. He was like a Rolls Royce competing against a collection of Ladas.
    It was a masterclass of a performance and he knew when to leave his foot in as well 😊

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Edgar Davids for me too. He was like a Rolls Royce competing against a collection of Ladas.
    It was a masterclass of a performance and he knew when to leave his foot in as well 😊

Have to agree on Davids class act .Barton is a good shout as well Pritchard also. I am gunna throw in our Kari aswell . I know a few will disagree that's ok but some of his games later on in his stint when he moved to Midfield where class.

I can’t get to many home games but do remember Demarai Gray at Birmingham a couple of years back just so clearly quicker and sharper than everyone else and thinking he’ll go far. Doing alright for himself since

Missed the Edgar Davids game . Saw the Joey Barton performance - yes, he was played well, but the play-acting, timewasting, etc, took the edge off the performance for me.
    Dicko, Tavernier and Martinez must be contenders?

Jonjo Shelvey played well and Barton bossed the midfield.
    I remember the Bournemouth pr Ritchie n Wilson running us ragged. But agree with everyone else. ED was a class above.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Jonjo Shelvey played well and Barton bossed the midfield.
    I remember the Bournemouth pr Ritchie n Wilson running us ragged. But agree with everyone else. ED was a class above.
    That Bournemouth "Promotion to the Premier" team were very good in just about every position. No surprise that they managed to stay up. Difficult to pick out just one player from that team.

Yes I remember the Edgar Davids game well. When I heard he was playing I thought yes he was a good player but he wont be able to do it now. How wrong I was, he totally ran the show so god knows what he was like at his peak! I wonder what happened to him...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yes I remember the Edgar Davids game well. When I heard he was playing I thought yes he was a good player but he wont be able to do it now. How wrong I was, he totally ran the show so god knows what he was like at his peak! I wonder what happened to him...
    Can't find anything on him after early 2014, when he resigned from Barnet. He can't be short of a bob or two, but maybe he will re-appear as a World Cup pundit on tv somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    A class above bri.
    Played in his usual dark glasses,.
    Was he player manager ? and did we lose that one ? Memory is going awol.
    I think we won 2-1 but i might be wrong. He was pure class

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast