+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Peter Stringfellow

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I can remember Mighty Melvin just about,did he just use to perform in a packed pub?

Didn't he die ,late 70s?
    No, still going in the 90's. If he was performing the pub wouldn't be packed.

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    RIP peter Stringfellow - he certainly seemed to enjoy his life.

I had my 21st at Treetops!

We used to go to Turnups quite a lot or sometimes we met up at Le Metro (which I seem to remember was a cellar bar near the corner of Division Street and Carver Street) before going on to Josephine’s.

The trendiest wine bar became Michels under the Beauchief Hotel. They are turning it into flats now and building houses on the car park.

No one has mentioned Fanny’s at Owler Bar yet. Does any one remember it?
    Lee Metro called something else now. Dickens was upstairs with a different entrance.

Michels was full of poseurs rather than being trendy in the real meaning of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    Used to be loads of Dingle men hanging about oohing and aahing at the electric lights Rod.

While their sister/mother/daughters were shown a good time by the locals. Voddy and lime instead of beer and black then a trip around the back alleys of Sheffield for a bit of what they thought of as romance, before they asked you to marry them.

Being gentlemen in Sheffield, a burger or chip butty* on the way back to the Stage Coach returning to 1954, was de riguer.

* If you copped off with one you were happy for your mates to see, you might even treat them to a Wimpy. But even if she was Miss Kendray or Athersley, you'd still be greeted by barking noises as you walked in.
    No wonder you're Blockmod Benny's hero Marvin. UTCB

One of the best was "Speakeasy" at Darnall.

May have missed it but no Take Two?
    Correct H, no mention of it, I found this thread on the Sheffield forum though.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92690

Did anyone off here use the Bier Keller much? I used to enjoy a Stein or ten in theer.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Did anyone off here use the Bier Keller much? I used to enjoy a Stein or ten in theer.UTCB
    Which one you on about,?

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Which one you on about,?
    Original became the Crazy Daizy.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Ten? Strike pay was good then?

Ten? Strike pay was good then?

A quid a day on't picket line in the 84 strike Marvin,i was rollin in wonga.I did alot of minesweepin in't Bier Keller. UTCB

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast