+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Grealish

Jack Grealish

Due to various media outlets, we are "monitoring his situation".

He seems like a major prat, but from what I've seen + heard he's a decent player.

I like the lad. I think he would be excellent.
    I think he's grown up a lot.
    However, I think his sights are set higher than Newcastle and the north east and I'm sure bigger clubs will scupper us for his signature in a bidding war.
    No way will we stump up 25/30/35/40 million for him if a bidding war starts.

This is how silly it's all got with this crazy money and wages on offer scenario.
    This kid is top 6 bound in my opinion...assuming he's not tempted overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I like the lad. I think he would be excellent.
    I think he's grown up a lot.
    However, I think his sights are set higher than Newcastle and the north east and I'm sure bigger clubs will scupper us for his signature in a bidding war.
    No way will we stump up 25/30/35/40 million for him if a bidding war starts.

This is how silly it's all got with this crazy money and wages on offer scenario.
    This kid is top 6 bound in my opinion...assuming he's not tempted overseas.
    Sights are set higher than Newcastle eh? Higher than the North East? Top 6 you say?

Well let me remind you that we would have been top 6 or 7 with the striker that Rafa wanted last summer.

You dont seem too bothered about how much Lascelles goes for either - it has no bearing on future signings says you. Well, It probably wont with Uncle Mike but it should.

As I said before, signings show intent and can create momentum. Dont understimate how big this club is or how big it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Sights are set higher than Newcastle eh?
    Yep.

Higher than the North East?
    Yep.

Top 6 you say?
    Possibly, yep.

Well let me remind you that we would have been top 6 or 7 with the striker that Rafa wanted last summer.
    What striker was this?
    Would've, could've, should've is nothing as it stands.
    If's and but's.

You dont seem too bothered about how much Lascelles goes for either - it has no bearing on future signings says you. Well, It probably wont with Uncle Mike but it should.
    Whatever happens, happens... is what I'm saying. There's nothing we can do about it, regardless of whether people think so and so should do this that and the other.

As I said before, signings show intent and can create momentum. Dont understimate how big this club is or how big it could be.
    I don't underestimate how big Newcastle United are.
    Years ago it made a massive difference.
    Today it means little...and so does the north east to the elites.

Look at all the big clubs floundering in lower leagues to give you an idea about big club mindset.

Yep.

Yep.

Possibly, yep.

What striker was this?
    Would've, could've, should've is nothing as it stands.
    If's and but's.

Whatever happens, happens... is what I'm saying. There's nothing we can do about it, regardless of whether people think so and so should do this that and the other.

I don't underestimate how big Newcastle United are.
    Years ago it made a massive difference.
    Today it means little...and so does the north east to the elites.

Look at all the big clubs floundering in lower leagues to give you an idea about big club mindset.
    An extra 3 wins and a draw from 7th. You telling me a decent 20-30 million striker wouldnt have got us those?

We had 8 draws this year and lost by one goal 13 times.

An extra 3 wins and a draw from 7th. You telling me a decent 20-30 million striker wouldnt have got us those?

All If's and but's, once again.

I don't think he'd rule a move to NUFC out in our current setup. But I don't think we can afford him as Leicester are in with a 40mil bid from what I can read?

All If's and but's, once again.
    Of course it is. We didnt get the striker.

We had 8 draws because Rafa was afraid to gamble

And if he had got a fit loan striker in instead of some fat injured cart horse from Leicester we may have not gone of the winning streak we were on

Of course it is. We didnt get the striker.
    We got josewho
    Who Rafa must have rated
    As he continued to play him over Gayle and mitro only replacing him with some sumo from Leicester whilst sending a fit mitro out on loan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)