+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stendel first interview

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Ad se three or four are overweight and unfit. A number last season were done after an hour, some blowing arta thur arses after heyf an hour.
    Well you saw far more of the team than I did last season so fair enough SB .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I'm impressed with his philosophy and outlook. We may have a promising season if the players buy into it. I hope he has good man management skills too. If that's the case we should be on to a winner there.

I hope Daniel has a major word in who we sign. They've got to fit into his system. It's oreight Goathair chucking some players like Thiam Dan's way but if they are as unfit as him then it ain't gonna work. This could be our downfall. Tha knows who'll cop forrit anorl if results are poor.

This new HC guy sounds impressive and professional. Its great to hear about the young uns laiking his style so they're more equipped to integrate into the first team as and when ready. The mentality is there running throughout the club if that is the case.
    This is the thing isn't it pass , this is where the football knowledge trumps the spreadsheet all day long .

He's got to have the greater say in recruitment because the system won't suit many players irrespective of what the stats say and there's little point hiring him if he is asked to coach players who can't fit into his philosophy .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I'm impressed with his philosophy and outlook. We may have a promising season if the players buy into it. I hope he has good man management skills too. If that's the case we should be on to a winner there.

I hope Daniel has a major word in who we sign. They've got to fit into his system. It's oreight Goathair chucking some players like Thiam Dan's way but if they are as unfit as him then it ain't gonna work. This could be our downfall. Tha knows who'll cop forrit anorl if results are poor.

This new HC guy sounds impressive and professional. Its great to hear about the young uns laiking his style so they're more equipped to integrate into the first team as and when ready. The mentality is there running throughout the club if that is the case.
    Goat Hair ez already covered his back if by any chance it all ends in tears. He made sure the statement announcing Dan's arrival contained--

"The whole Board of Directors were involved during the process of appointing Daniel".

He seems to have a clear football fan, not just saying "believe"! We have been at our most effective when we pressed high up the pitch in the last 3 seasons. Obviously players have got to be fit enough so it's up to them individually if they want to be picked. Sometimes, the lack of coming back & leaving men was criminal - I know a number of people liked Yiadom but, at Derby, 3 goals came because he left him man (at the other end, he couldn't cross a ball to save his life so in
    M glad he's gone!)
    The formation will be important - we can't expect Kieffer to press all of the opposing defence! (& then criticise him when he's knackered & so misses chances!)
    He's talking a style of football that I like (unless it's long ball which I hate)
    Finally looking forward to the season

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12