+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter break

Winter break

The FA have agreed to a winter break in February 2019-20 for the premier league and even made the FA cup round that falls during this time to be played mid week they have now showed their cards saying it will help country and clubs what a load of bo££ox

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    The FA have agreed to a winter break in February 2019-20 for the premier league and even made the FA cup round that falls during this time to be played mid week they have now showed their cards saying it will help country and clubs what a load of bo££ox
    Franchise system will come in soon.

Another FA handout to the rich who wont use the break, they will pi$$ off abroad on a circus of lucrative friendly matches to boost foreign interest and revenue. The financial gap will widen even further and the justification of boosting performance is a load of tosh. Our premier league players already play less than other nations as illustrated in the recent report on football.

Why am I losing interest in football?

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Another FA handout to the rich who wont use the break, they will pi$$ off abroad on a circus of lucrative friendly matches to boost foreign interest and revenue. The financial gap will widen even further and the justification of boosting performance is a load of tosh. Our premier league players already play less than other nations as illustrated in the recent report on football.

Why am I losing interest in football?

A load of crap

fa bending over to the prem and taking it up the orifice

Ethelred,
    (Another FA handout to the rich who wont use the break, they will pi$$ off abroad on a circus of lucrative friendly matches to boost foreign interest and revenue).

What the FA should do is introduce a clause saying the break is to recharge their batteries and no football activeties can be taken during this period, then we'll see how much the premier league want a winter break.

Doggy - agree entirely. Its a marketing strategy aimed at generating business in USA and far east, possibly even in arab countries pending Qatar world cup.

What also stinks is the further degradation of the FA cup to facilitate this. Midweek round with no replay. That potentially deprives the smaller clubs of a bumper gate if they draw a big 6 at home or no replay when they get a draw away against a big 6 third team thus depriving them of a pay day. All to help the rich kids.

Stinks!

And it can only keep going downhill with SKY pulling the strings.

Ridiculous, in my opinion! It's clearly too much for the poor souls to play 2 matches in 7 days. I don't believe it's for the good of football - if it's a winter break, then it has to be a break, not a lucrative moneymaking tool for prem teams to play abroad. Preparing the groundwork for a longer break for the World Cup in Qatar to be played then, I wonder? What a farce!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast