+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duffy Signs

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He has had some very good games and not so good ones, but as defenders go he is as good as you get for this level. At least we shall have a settled defence for the new season.
    All we need now is for O`Connor to sign. Having said that, We did ok without him for most of the season...
    Very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    As back up to a proper centre half, if we sign one.
    This

Next player due to sign is next week sometime,so who knows.CD or Winger? If a CD think Duffy will be a bench warmer.JC said during the play offs how slow we are/were at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Next player due to sign is next week sometime,so who knows.CD or Winger? If a CD think Duffy will be a bench warmer.JC said during the play offs how slow we are/were at the back.
    Winger is AH tweeted hint.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I was one of his harshest critics last season, but only because I expect more from him. He’s experienced and has the ability to hold a place in a L1 club let alone L2 but he has a number of traits that really let him down. Throwing himself on the floor every other challenge, constant whining and gobbling off at the refs and a tendency to be hesitant when a good solid head or boot would suffice come to mind. that said I’m probably more concerned about Brisley to be honest.
    I agree.
    Also look how our defending was when he didn't play. He may not be the most skillful of players but he certainly kept the defence organised. Brisley and Hall together looked like headless chickens, imo.

I was one of his harshest critics last season, but only because I expect more from him. He’s experienced and has the ability to hold a place in a L1 club let alone L2 but he has a number of traits that really let him down. Throwing himself on the floor every other challenge, constant whining and gobbling off at the refs and a tendency to be hesitant when a good solid head or boot would suffice come to mind. that said I’m probably more concerned about Brisley to be honest.

Agreed, the ref gobbling has got to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Will no doubt end up biting off more than he can chew!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Perhaps it's a new form of bribery or blackmail? I guess it beats a slice of orange at half time for some...

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Perhaps it's a new form of bribery or blackmail? I guess it beats a slice of orange at half time for some...
    Pleased. But I want us to get somebody like Hall and have Duffers and Brisley compete for the other place.

Will no doubt end up biting off more than he can chew!
    If he's not careful he will be regularly pulled off at half time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast