+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duffy Signs

Duffy Signs

As no one else has put on here. I am happy with this. Has his moments, as most do at League 2 but is a decent enough player and can also play right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    As no one else has put on here. I am happy with this. Has his moments, as most do at League 2 but is a decent enough player and can also play right back.

Good signing - more than adequate at L2 level

... no he's not. Big liability.

This time last year I wanted him gone. He's certainly changed my opinion. Good signing.

I was one of his harshest critics last season, but only because I expect more from him. He’s experienced and has the ability to hold a place in a L1 club let alone L2 but he has a number of traits that really let him down. Throwing himself on the floor every other challenge, constant whining and gobbling off at the refs and a tendency to be hesitant when a good solid head or boot would suffice come to mind. that said I’m probably more concerned about Brisley to be honest.

As back up to a proper centre half, if we sign one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... no he's not. Big liability.
    "Oh perhaps you would like us to sign a Premier League Centre half" - get real, this is League 2 and he is as good as we are gonna get at this level

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I was one of his harshest critics last season, but only because I expect more from him. He’s experienced and has the ability to hold a place in a L1 club let alone L2 but he has a number of traits that really let him down. Throwing himself on the floor every other challenge, constant whining and gobbling off at the refs and a tendency to be hesitant when a good solid head or boot would suffice come to mind. that said I’m probably more concerned about Brisley to be honest.
    50-50 for me, couldn't be arsed if he had gone....slight shrug of the shoulders now he is staying....in Nolo I trust, he must be seeing something that is not evident here in Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    50-50 for me, couldn't be arsed if he had gone....slight shrug of the shoulders now he is staying....in Nolo I trust, he must be seeing something that is not evident here in Mexico
    "probably the Tequila"

He has had some very good games and not so good ones, but as defenders go he is as good as you get for this level. At least we shall have a settled defence for the new season.
    All we need now is for O`Connor to sign. Having said that, We did ok without him for most of the season...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast