+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How much more is Championship worth than L1

Trying to recall, sure plans were in place to increase to 16k in 12 weeks close season with building regs already approved when the ground was originally built?

Too late this time around BUT if we retain championship status rest assured TS Will be looking to do that the season after.

Final thing I will say is, if we don’t have a full capacity every home game then this club doesn’t deserve TS and all he has done to get us back in the championship. The man has frozen s/t prices again, we are up another league with better quality football to see.... come on Rotherham folk.... lets be havin yer!
    Last edited by Brin; 08-06-2018 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Trying to recall, sure plans were in place to increase to 16k in 12 weeks close season with building regs already approved when the ground was originally built?

Too late this time around BUT if we retain championship status rest assured TS Will be looking to do that the season after.

Final thing I will say is, if we don’t have a full capacity every home game then this club doesn’t deserve TS and all he has done to get us back in the championship. The man has frozen s/t prices again, we are up another league with better quality football to see.... come on Rotherham folk.... lets be havin yer!
    100% correct Brin

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Agreed casper. We've always assumed that the incremental increasing capacity would be as follows (this was explained when the stadium was first designed):

1. Increase north and south stands adding 4k to the capacity.

2. Extra tier on East stand adding an extra 4k.

The east stand uplift cant happen until both north and south have increased due to the way its designed. But surely the south could be done in isolation?
    You can file this alongside the proposals for the development of the Guest & Chrimes site.
    Both are theoretically possible but unlikely to ever happen.

I'm sure Building Regulations are approved if there is a design for the stand in place already. This deals with compliance with standards of construction (or not in the case of the Grenfell Tower)
    However, it's Planning Permission that's required which is approval from the Planning Authority to build something new or alter existing.
    Not the same thing.

I suspect we may have planning permission for altering the N & S stands because the Planning Authority aren't concerned about that but my recollection is that they did have objections to the east stand. This could possibly be overturned though via a new Planning Application
    Last edited by flourbasher; 08-06-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    You can file this alongside the proposals for the development of the Guest & Chrimes site.
    Both are theoretically possible but unlikely to ever happen.
    Ambitious but Brilliant perhaps

Tony Stewart knew what he was taking on re Jest & Crimes, Heritage haven't helped either.
    The place is an eyesore and previous suggestions turned out to be way too expensive to implement.

Not against increasing away end but you have to factor in the cost of extra policing and keeping fans apart. Imagine 4000 millwall fans for example. We could only really do this by building a bridge over the river or railway line to seperate fans which would cost. You also have to bear in mind that at times there could be nearly as many away fans as home fans. An outsung home support is not going to boost our team very much methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Not against increasing away end but you have to factor in the cost of extra policing and keeping fans apart. Imagine 4000 millwall fans for example. We could only really do this by building a bridge over the river or railway line to seperate fans which would cost. You also have to bear in mind that at times there could be nearly as many away fans as home fans. An outsung home support is not going to boost our team very much methinks.
    Good point roly , I'd suggest you need 4k Villa and Derby fans inside the NYS like you need a hole in the head .

Isn't the championship difficult enough as it is .

So, lets not grow then. Trust me, to survive in the 2nd tier we need to increase our average attendances and stadium capacity. Doing the away end first is pragmatic and most cost effective because the standard we now play at necessitates it.

The longer we stay at this level the more the home support will grow l. Then it will be time to extend the north and, hopefully, east stands.

You cant have a fear of large away support hold the club back. And im certain 2k extra away fans will more than turn a profit even allowing for extra policing.

We won't have to worry about 4k millwall fans even if we increase away end, the history would likely mean they are never given a larger allocation. I would expect their allocation this season is limited to 1200, if they even bring that.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    So, lets not grow then. Trust me, to survive in the 2nd tier we need to increase our average attendances and stadium capacity. Doing the away end first is pragmatic and most cost effective because the standard we now play at necessitates it.

The longer we stay at this level the more the home support will grow l. Then it will be time to extend the north and, hopefully, east stands.

You cant have a fear of large away support hold the club back. And im certain 2k extra away fans will more than turn a profit even allowing for extra policing.
    I'm with Grumpy's view
    Surely the benefits of an extra 2/3k fans per match at £25 a ticket far outweighs a bit of loud singing.
    More income means a better standard of player which will give us a better chance of winning more matches.
    This will hopefully make a loud sing song largely irrelevant to the result

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast