+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Martin interview. The United Way?

Mike Martin interview. The United Way?

Really good interview with Mike Martin on Arab zone.

He speaks a lot of sense and seems driven to sort United out.

I disagree with him as to csaba’s abilities. I can see he wants continuity. He’s clear winning league is aim so if csaba fails that test he knows where he stands. Overall he’s looking to bring positive changes.

The changes of having players stay in dundee area is common sense and long overdue.

One thing he talked about was the Dundee United way. He says coaching manuals will be written at all levels to reflect this.

One thing I’m not clear on is what the coaching manuals will say to reflect United way. Is this like Ajax way?

Is there a particular style of play to be coached. Are we going to passing or attractive or attacking style or is it win at all costs. In the good old days we probably had a quick attacking style

Interview is well worth a watch and brings a lot of hope for the future of the club.

He says new investment is not far off too.

Definitely an interview to make us all feel a bit more hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Really good interview with Mike Martin on Arab zone.

He speaks a lot of sense and seems driven to sort United out.

I disagree with him as to csaba’s abilities. I can see he wants continuity. He’s clear winning league is aim so if csaba fails that test he knows where he stands. Overall he’s looking to bring positive changes.

The changes of having players stay in dundee area is common sense and long overdue.

One thing he talked about was the Dundee United way. He says coaching manuals will be written at all levels to reflect this.

One thing I’m not clear on is what the coaching manuals will say to reflect United way. Is this like Ajax way?

Is there a particular style of play to be coached. Are we going to passing or attractive or attacking style or is it win at all costs. In the good old days we probably had a quick attacking style

Interview is well worth a watch and brings a lot of hope for the future of the club.

He says new investment is not far off too.

Definitely an interview to make us all feel a bit more hopeful
    I was pretty impressed with that interview. A lot of positive comments and vision for the future. Something that has been lacking the last couple of years.

The first time I heard MM talk I said he talked a good game, I believe he still does and is beginning to back up his words with positive actions.

I really like idea of the United Way and the fact that the players have been asked to buy into living locally and get paid on success and not for just turning up, this has all the hallmarks of a well thought out strategy. Something that has sadly been lacking for a while.

Like everything else the results will speak volumes should this strategy bring success or failure next season.

The future is bright!

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    I was pretty impressed with that interview. A lot of positive comments and vision for the future. Something that has been lacking the last couple of years.
    F.A.O. Duke.....

I think MM is a man of our time, I just hope that there is no misunderstanding and that the players get behind the lines,can turn it on again and not land up a culdesac, otherwise MM might be alone again! ��

Think the Utd way is the Wee Jim way , players living local, reward success not mediocrity , bring through home grown talent etc. Positive interview from MM but very early days yet.

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    F.A.O. Duke.....

I think MM is a man of our time, I just hope that there is no misunderstanding and that the players get behind the lines,can turn it on again and not land up a culdesac, otherwise MM might be alone again! ��
    Well I'm hoping that the players we have signed so far and those that were kept and signed new deals had been told this vision from the chairman when they signed .
    But please don't ask me or I might go on Duke's Travels.
    😁

I have said for years on here that we need players living locally as it was during the McLean era,however i have no faith in the owner,his monkey or the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I have said for years on here that we need players living locally as it was during the McLean era,however i have no faith in the owner,his monkey or the manager.
    Do you have faith in Dundee United

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Do you have faith in Dundee United
    With the current owner,chairman and manager i have no faith whatsoever in Dundee United,its no like i have just recently taken this stance.For FN years on this board i have warned about the danger our club was in with Thompson in charge and that's a FACT.

The levels of communication from Mr Martin are greatly improved from ST and he talks a very good game. I'm probably being too cynical but I fear that as the great warrior poet Brian Conley once said, "he's a puppet". The proof of the United Way will be seen on the pitch in the coming season. I'm hoping for the best but after some of the dross we've seen in the last 3 years I'm fearing the worst. Please prove me wrong United.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)