+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mike Martin interview. The United Way?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    You don't know if MM wants Csaba or not. You are just assuming he doesn't.
    I am not assuming he doesn't want him cos he said before the play offs that no matter what happened Shabba was staying,that's when i knew that he was chairman in name only.Martin fully deserves his Monkey title because that's all he is

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    I would agree this isnt even the start of a new era. I do not think ST has much influence - why - he doesnt want it.
    That may well be true but its just like Ming giving the job to Mong.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    That may well be true but its just like Ming giving the job to Mong.
    Possibly and I hope not. Mike has a pretty fearsome reputation in business and a successful one at that. So GB am i wrong to give him some benefit of doubt? If he is ST puppet he aint getting out of here alive lets be honest about that.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Listened to the last part today. Says we can expect up to 9 more players coming in.
    Also says the investment discussions continue well.
    Maybe I'm a pap like Putamadre says but it sounds to me like the guy has been waiting for his chance and he's determined to make the most of it.
    From that interview you can’t question Mike Martin is talking a lot of sense. The only concern is csaba but with everything else we’ve got a chairman making good calls there and putting the work in

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    From that interview you can’t question Mike Martin is talking a lot of sense. The only concern is csaba but with everything else we’ve got a chairman making good calls there and putting the work in
    yup 100%. My worry is why keep the clown.

Its either a masterstroke or more of the same. I never dislike anyone to hate them so whilst i dislike Csaba as a manager if he turns this round i am as fickle as any supporter. Hence I am prepared to see what happens. Mike martin has a big deal to do with having some patience.

Get it wrong Mike and thats one hell of a call.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    We have got a "new" chairman who is backing a manager who was a complete FN disaster last season,even Shedka the biggest backer of under pressure managers in this boards history has told us Shabba is shyte.It matters not a jot if the monkey has the whole FN squad staying in Thompson's Ferry castle and offers them a kings ransom to win promotion.
    If that is a chairman making good calls in the eyes of the vast majority of DUFC supporters than God phuckin help us.

Quote Originally Posted by PUTAMADRE View Post
    This confirms what a bunch of paps our support are and why we deserve to be in the situation where we are.

I honestly believe a gypsey could sell a magic bean to some supporters and they would think its magic.

Regime change or nothing. MM been there throughout the turmoil and some you ground hogs are calling him the messiah .... deary me! we have sunk lower than the fun. My bairn will be spared this pish I can’t out them through this ****e! The biggest disappointment to me in the downward spiral of Utd is the lack of back bone from the fans .....ST must go and his puppet put up or shut up and give Gussie back
    Nik

MM seemed to be decent and his interview was impressive but the proof will be in the pudding. if this time next year we are promoted with successful youth teams and off field issues have been tackled then we can say well done but until results start to show ill not be fully convinced by good interviews.

Some good things MM mentioned was the 25miles rule, the promotion from within youth policy, the reward achievement and scouting networks/coaching manuels. hes identified some of the issues and have already implied them. so hopefully it continues onto the park.

Quote Originally Posted by USArab View Post
    F.A.O. Duke.....

I think MM is a man of our time,
    Oh dear, seriously... ST's puppet is a man of our time

The chopping and changes with the managers lies at Thompson's door,he had the chance to appoint Stuart McCall but gave us Mixu,McKinnon and Shabba instead.Its fine for the monkey to say we need stability but Shabba's record is worse than Ray's and keeping him on in my opinion will be an unmitigated disaster.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)