+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Martin interview. The United Way?

I get the cynicism towards MM and part of me dreads more of the same depressing stuff this season.
    But have to say the changes he is implementing are spot on in my opinion.
    Thompson needs to sell up and be out of the picture once and for all for there to be a completely new, positive direction at the club.

I'm encouraged by MM's comments. I like the idea of the remuneration for players being based more on success, and I think this will help motivate team spirit and collective positive mentality.

Rome wasn't built in a day. I feel we are moving in the right direction. As regards ST's involvment? There's already far too much water passed under that bridge. He's on his way out, it's just a matter of when rather than 'if'. These things take time and lawyers will be all over it. We just have to be patient on that issue I think.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    I'm encouraged by MM's comments. I like the idea of the remuneration for players being based more on success, and I think this will help motivate team spirit and collective positive mentality.

Rome wasn't built in a day. I feel we are moving in the right direction. As regards ST's involvment? There's already far too much water passed under that bridge. He's on his way out, it's just a matter of when rather than 'if'. These things take time and lawyers will be all over it. We just have to be patient on that issue I think.
    In fairness to MM he is a mate of ST but in the interview he did hint that he disagreed with aspects of what has gone before. He said some things found in his review had ‘shocked’ him. Hard not to be impressed by the interview, just hope MM can match the good words with positive improvement on and off the pitch

GB refers to MM as the monkey for ST but that interview suggested otherwise to me. Very articulate very focused and seems to be making his own decisions based on his own vision. Is it possible that ST has chucked it in terms of control on key decisions?
    Early days but I thought the interview looked like someone who has his own ideas and is in control of carrying them out.

This confirms what a bunch of paps our support are and why we deserve to be in the situation where we are.

I honestly believe a gypsey could sell a magic bean to some supporters and they would think its magic.

Regime change or nothing. MM been there throughout the turmoil and some you ground hogs are calling him the messiah .... deary me! we have sunk lower than the fun. My bairn will be spared this pish I can’t out them through this ****e! The biggest disappointment to me in the downward spiral of Utd is the lack of back bone from the fans .....ST must go and his puppet put up or shut up and give Gussie back

What a load of waffling pysh putamadre, which is usual from you in recent times

No one has hailed him anything, more a bit of cautious optimism from a couple people who correctly said it said positive interview in which he neither looked or sounded like a puppet

The fans who deserve the club as it is are those who booed and moaned like fk every week when we were riding high prior to January 2015, and didn't appreciate it, I said at the time those fans would get the club they deserve, and its those fans who deserve the current status

Quote Originally Posted by PUTAMADRE View Post
    This confirms what a bunch of paps our support are and why we deserve to be in the situation where we are.

I honestly believe a gypsey could sell a magic bean to some supporters and they would think its magic.

Regime change or nothing. MM been there throughout the turmoil and some you ground hogs are calling him the messiah .... deary me! we have sunk lower than the fun. My bairn will be spared this pish I can’t out them through this ****e! The biggest disappointment to me in the downward spiral of Utd is the lack of back bone from the fans .....ST must go and his puppet put up or shut up and give Gussie back
    Hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Hurting.
    The distance from Dingwall to Dens is 149 miles.Nae wonder your feet are still hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by gunboat View Post
    the distance from dingwall to dens is 149 miles.nae wonder your feet are still hurting.

Listened to the last part today. Says we can expect up to 9 more players coming in.
    Also says the investment discussions continue well.
    Maybe I'm a pap like Putamadre says but it sounds to me like the guy has been waiting for his chance and he's determined to make the most of it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)