+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mike Martin interview. The United Way?

Quote Originally Posted by PUTAMADRE View Post
    This confirms what a bunch of paps our support are and why we deserve to be in the situation where we are.

I honestly believe a gypsey could sell a magic bean to some supporters and they would think its magic.

Regime change or nothing. MM been there throughout the turmoil and some you ground hogs are calling him the messiah .... deary me! we have sunk lower than the fun. My bairn will be spared this pish I can’t out them through this ****e! The biggest disappointment to me in the downward spiral of Utd is the lack of back bone from the fans .....ST must go and his puppet put up or shut up and give Gussie back
    Amen brother!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The very FACT that Shabba remain's should tell everyone that Thompson is still the organ grinder and Martin his dancing MONKEY,nae chairman with any power would have kept him on,honestly can nae chunt oot there see it?.
    Agreed!!!!

Not seen the full interview yet, but some of what i have seen smacks of the usual, BUY YIR FECKIN SEASON TICKETS WILL YE OR.......

Thats maybe me being a bit cynical because of his link to the old regime, but if you gauge a man by his actions, he is doing some good. Looking at the youth system that many on here have moaned about. With several players being cleared out, we have a completely new set up with the old coach now a scout. 4 of the current set up, Robson, Allardice, Chalmers and Smith all seem to be getting a chance to prove themselves in the first team makes that a base for us to judge MM on in the future.

The rest of the background stuff i would put a guess that nobody on here would be able to describe to anyone, myself especially. There does seem to be quite a bit going on that we have non interest in, but quite a bit of it will be contributing long term to provide revenue to the club/team. With that, time has to be given to see if that becomes successful.

Just on this 25 mile thing I heard MM lives in Edinbra?

And I’ve heard someone else still at the club is often in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    And I’ve heard someone else still at the club is often in Australia
    Well the distance from Dundee to Newcastle Australia is 10,410miles so under the Monkey's Ferry Castle rule the organ grinder is 10,385 miles outside the radius,however he can still make the Monkey dance.

Don't know what to think anymore, but I would be in the Csaba NO Camp! However If I can use an analogy on the Martin/Thompson act. McKinnon/Ellis are in no doubt synonymous but when Ray was sacked, Ellis stepped up to the plate albeit briefly and produced. Maybe the same will happen now that Martin has stepped up, but hopefully brief success will turnout to be prolonged. Anyway will take in a match when I can, but won't stretch to a season ticket. C'mon United

So if a "better than we have got" player is prepared to sign, but is not prepared to uproot his family from elsewhere, then we are not going to sign him. Pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    So if a "better than we have got" player is prepared to sign, but is not prepared to uproot his family from elsewhere, then we are not going to sign him. Pity.
    So.... you scored 20 goals last season?
    Aye
    Happy to sign for us?
    Aye
    I hear you live in Dalgety Bay
    Aye
    Would you move to Cupar?
    Think that's my taxi Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I'm not so sure about the policy either but it is what is. I can understand the logic of it and it'll be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)