+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Notts player ever - time for my new avatar

Gerry Carver - the ultimate cool midfielder, years ahead of his time.

Steve Carter, best winger in my living memory

My all time favourite was Les Bradd. Not only a great player but an absolute gentlemen and still a great ambassador for the club.

Totally agree. Christie is one of the most underrated Forwards Notts have had. A truely superb, no nonsense player. I am very honored to have watched him at his ( and Notts') peak.

RICK GREEN - world class player and marginally better finisher than Batistuta and Gerd Muller...

Combo of Jeff Astle and Tony Hateley.

Masson.

Very hard and favourite doesn't mean best....one of Mair, Harkouk, Abramovic and Richards from our promotion and top flight days.

Bill Brindley.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Very hard and favourite doesn't mean best....one of Mair, Harkouk, Abramovic and Richards from our promotion and top flight days.
    True. Harkouk is one of my favourites because of what he represents ... a time when Notts were successful and had flair players. We didn't even need him and he was a bit of a luxury, but on his day, he could be almost world class. Much as I loved Carter, Scanlon and Les Bradd, they weren't part of the squad that took us to the top flight and stayed there for 3 years so they've been displaced in my mind by the 81/82 team, the best Notts team in living memory.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast