+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Notts player ever - time for my new avatar

So many great players to choose from (mostly before this millennium)!
    My Dad always used to rave about Martyn Busby saying he was too clever for those around him but my favourite has got to be Iain 'the cat' McCulloch!

There have been lot's, but for shear excitement it has to be the one and only Iain McCulloch.

Hard as nails and everytime he got the ball something was possible. He should have played for one of the big boys and Scotland.

Rayo Rayo
    Scanlon
    Carter
    Bradd

Cant decide on one

It's funny how whenever we have a thread relating to best player or best team etc the default for the majority of us is those from the 81/82/83/84 era.

For those of us who were privileged enough to see these guys play it was a blessing and i agree that it really is difficult to choose your best player as they were all great in their own way. But as the OP states we are choosing our 'favourite' player ... think that actually makes it even harder!

I always wonder how great it would have been to witness the likes of Tommy Lawton and Jimmy Sewell in their prime in a Notts shirt, must be the same for those too young to have witnessed those Sirrel years.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I always wonder how great it would have been to witness the likes of Tommy Lawton and Jimmy Sewell in their prime in a Notts shirt
    Jackie Sewell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Just back from a month in Sorrento so catching up on whats been happening on here...this is an easy one to reply to:

GEORGE SMITH
    He could have said that from Italy and we still would have heard him!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    It's funny how whenever we have a thread relating to best player or best team etc the default for the majority of us is those from the 81/82/83/84 era.

For those of us who were privileged enough to see these guys play it was a blessing and i agree that it really is difficult to choose your best player as they were all great in their own way. But as the OP states we are choosing our 'favourite' player ... think that actually makes it even harder!

I always wonder how great it would have been to witness the likes of Tommy Lawton and Jimmy Sewell in their prime in a Notts shirt, must be the same for those too young to have witnessed those Sirrel years.
    Those two were leagues above where we were at whereas the Sirrell players were of that ilk, and top flight too - something neither Tommy or Jackie achieved with us.

A bit like Hughsie - really only wierd circumstance brought him to the Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    There have been lot's, but for shear excitement it has to be the one and only Iain McCulloch.

Hard as nails and everytime he got the ball something was possible. He should have played for one of the big boys and Scotland.
    Hard as nails till be broke charging like a bull at the gate - somewhat reminds me of a poster on here.

PS is that sheep shearing, or hedge shearing or did you mean sheer?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Jackie Sewell.
    Sorry, i meant jackie, i had jimmy sirrel on my mind!!

Ray O used to practice his free kicks in the car park behind the Kop

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast