+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Your favourite Notts player ever - time for my new avatar

I'm with Bo. Favourite: Iain McCulloch. Best: Masson. Most entertining (if not necessarily effective): Adie Thorpe.

Mrs TheMouf would like to put forward David Hunt for all the wrong reasons (in my view as Mr TheMouf)

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    So many to choose from so I will go with my 1st ever "Notts Hero" Bob Worthington, the avatar should be fitting because as I recall he both looked & at times played like a bit of a "girlie".
    Oh my word , I forgot about Bob . Loved him . Being a young lad in the late 60's and seeing someone use their left foot ( like me ) fascinated me . Now the days of tying left handed people's hand behind their backs ( cack handed as well ) had long since passed but we were still looked upon with supposition . Loved Rayo as well , not so much Dicko . The Don is still the king in my eyes though .

Been watching Notts since 74 and without question my favourite and in my opinion the best Don Masson, had several long conversations with him recently and he's a really warm friendly gent.

Tried on youtube to find that equaliser goal at Brisbane Road that opened match of the day, what a screamer.

Navy ... you're a cheeky boy!

The player mentioned in post 23 won. Not a bad choice, thank you Did one of those random number generator thingies.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by cher1; 08-06-2018 at 10:37 PM.

yes busby was a great player ! I was never sure if it was viv or martyn though !

Bit late to the party, but what the hell.

I started watching Notts around 1991, so never saw the legends of old. I've had a few favourites along the way - Paul Devlin, Steve Finnan, Mark Stallard, Ben Davies.

The best player I have seen in that time was probably Mark Draper or Lee Hughes, but I'll go for Hughes because I was old enough to fully appreciate what he did for Notts. By far the best player we've had in relation to the division we were playing in, and also a real fans' favourite.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678